And I swear you were so happy but yet so sad

And I swear you were so happy but yet so sad

A Poem by Alessandro Maiorano

And you looked at me and cried and I swear to God that I wanted to do something for you, I would have killed myself to make you happy, to make you stop crying.
I softly caressed you and touched your tears, then put them secretly on my tongue because I’ve always been taught that drinking others‘ sadness would have made them happy again and that’s what I wanted to do.
Or I could have just got drunk of your sadness with you so you wouldn’t have felt lonely.
We were into the night, voices were whispering us things but the only voice I could hear was yours, I swear your voice was so loud and you were speaking so quietly.
Then somebody called you, it was your real love and I saw you slowly flushing and how happy you felt, maybe I was not enough or maybe I was just somebody else real love waiting for me at the end of the corner.
I wanted to cry but then I knew you wouldn’t have drunk my tears to make me happy because it wasn’t me your real love.
You left me at the end of the corner and I waited  until the twilight for that real love who was never coming and I swear I wanted it to be you.

© 2016 Alessandro Maiorano


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on October 29, 2016
Last Updated on October 29, 2016

Author

Alessandro Maiorano
Alessandro Maiorano

Italy



About
I write because the voices inside my brain told me to more..

Writing