Short Story #1

Short Story #1

A Story by Channele

* * * * *

 

He lifted his hand to feel her heart striking against her chest. Oddly, it calmed his thoughts; just like her eyes; they shot through his heart like daggers. In this moment everything felt bittersweet. She wanted more, but she knew going the distance would complicate things. She was conflicted and he, he was sincerely apologetic for everything. It broke his soul to see tears fall from her eyes, roll down her cheeks, under her chin and gently vanish on her neck. She stumbled to her feet, trying to fight the attraction for him but she didn't get far before he reached for her hand. His hand was as soft as she remembered. However the last time he touched her was for a different moment. This touch felt like farewell. He never meant to hurt her. He never wanted to break her apart. She wouldn't look him in the eyes, fearing she would give in to him or say something she would regret. That the sadness would turn into rage and with his hand in hers the tears subsided, she only saw him and how undeniably intense her love for him was. Next thing she knew, he was inches away from her face. She looked at her feet, awkwardly, until he lifted her head up. She could feel his breath and how he was trying to control himself. Her face was boiling hot from feeling tense and resentful, but once his cool, soft hands found her cheeks then discovered her neck she realized that in a moment like this she can't just walk away. A rush of emotions was emerging and with the look in his eyes, she knew he was thinking the same...

© 2013 Channele


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
Added on April 18, 2013
Last Updated on April 18, 2013

Author

Channele
Channele

Tacoma, WA



About
:) more..

Writing
Back to You Back to You

A Poem by Channele