Lipstick;

Lipstick;

A Story by Alexx Wake
"

A woman with a dark past forms an all-time vendetta when she discovers the truth behind her lovers affair.

"

February 13th, 2011


 02:00 AM


Journal Entry #21


It's been about 2 months since I've had time to write, but I think this is the right time.

 

I'm very lonely right now... 

James never has time for me. He's always out, "working late" he says.

 

I want to believe him, but it's been like this for a month now and i'm starting to have that feeling I had with my last boyfriend.

 

We've been dating for a good 3 years now, no mention of  marriage, kids, or even our future... Sex has lost it's meaning; its dull. No more compassion. I feel as if he's hiding something from me. Tomorrow's our third year anniversary together. Something tells me this could be our last.

 

And last night when he got back from "work", he went straight to sleep. I stood beside his bed side...just looking right at him, shedding my tears in a painful quiet calm. I just wanted to shout! "I know what you've been up to James, I know your having an affair, I know you don't love me anymore..!"  But i couldn't... because I wasn't sure what to believe, so i just stood there, watching him...

 

I was tempted to check his cell for text messages...

So i did.

My whole body felt numb, and the phone... something so light has never felt so heavy to me...

I browse his sent messages, and i find a text message to a name "K".

 

"K"? I thought. Could it be Kelly? My best friend???

 

I'm paranoid, my hands shivering as the cold fear struck my heart. I could feel it beating... pulsating -like a ticking time bomb ready to explode as i read the sent message.

 

"Tonight was great, I'm really excited for tomorrow... don't keep me waiting, trying to keep this a secret from Vita, cant let her find out about what were doing."

 

I stood in shock... 

That was all i needed to see.

 

I will -
Cant get hurt.. not again.

 

I dropped the phone.. and walked over to the dresser cabinet... got the gun that was inside... and just held it at a hard grip... it so cold... and so the cold steel stayed glued to my hand.

 

I laugh in my mind, "You really are something James..."

 

And in that very moment..something happened to me... something you couldn't imagine..

 

I smiled.

 

My blood boiling, my eyes pouring-

 I had wondered if I could just stand here until this night became morning.

 

Then I remembered Adam...


My ex...

 

I remembered how warm his blood felt as I had cut his heart out with the kitchen knife...

 

I then walk to the bathroom... and I put the gun down on the counter.

 

"We have to look good for tomorrow Vita", I said as I uncapped the red lipstick.  Brushing it against my upper and bottom lip... looking into the mirror.. I smile..

 

"You me and the devil make three" ...

 

 

[To be continued]

© 2013 Alexx Wake


Author's Note

Alexx Wake
Unfinished and much needed grammar corrections.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You had my attention at the first paragraph! I simply need to know what happens next.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Alexx Wake

10 Years Ago

Thank you Jvonne!
It means a lot that you even took the time to read it.
I'll post up t.. read more
Wow. That was intense.
I love it!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alexx Wake

10 Years Ago

I'm actually turning this short into a novel.
The short was divided into 4 parts. So if you'r.. read more
Clara

10 Years Ago

Yes, I am. Post it. I'd love to read it. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 16, 2013
Last Updated on July 16, 2013
Tags: love, horror, journal, short, story, dark, depressing, pain, affair

Author

Alexx Wake
Alexx Wake

Jacksonville, FL



About
I'm just a writer who's good at many other things, and bad at others. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Alexx Wake