Her red eyes

Her red eyes

A Story by Alice Hale
"

A girl that can set anything into flames with just one blink? How can she manage highschool?

"

Prologue

“I told you Mr. and Mrs. Ashford, I cannot allow your daughter to break the rules for dress codes.” The principal explained to the couple.

“But, please understand. Our daughter cannot just go roam around anywhere without her shades!” Mrs. Ashford insisted.

“I am sure that it is just a fling of fashion for teenagers nowadays and that is completely normal. But this is school. There are rules to abide to in here.”

The couple didn’t have an answer for that one. They looked at each other as if they knew a secret that is too painful to even put it into words.

“Our daughter...,” Mr. Ashford started. “… is not normal.” He confessed with a grave expression on his face.

Suddenly, the door swung open and a girl about age 15 entered without a word. She was wearing a black body-fitting dress and some accessories to pair it with. She has a petite body and anyone could conclude that she has a beautiful face even with those black shades that covers her eyes.

She went directly to the vacant chair in front of the desk of the principal. The girl moves with such grace that it’s so hard to believe that this is the girl that insists on breaking the rules.

She sat down with a ‘hmph’, not even paying her parents any regards.

“I-is this your daughter? Calliope isn’t it? My, she looks perfectly normal! And beautiful, I must say.” The principal remarked, taken by the girl’s odd beauty.

“N-no… The issue lies in her eyes.” Mr. Ashford said.

“Oh. She has some sickness? It will be best to let the doctor check her eyes. It will be convenient to both you and your daughter.” The principal said, obviously trying to get rid of the stubborn couple and just proceed with the enrolment procedure.

There was an awkward silence after that. Even with those black shades that the girl wore, the principal can feel Calliope glaring at him with a remarkable intensity. The couple only gaped with anxiousness as the principal grew restless with every second that Calliope is glaring at him. When the principal looked like he was about to kneel and cry, Mrs. Ashford placed a hand on her daughter’s shoulder, causing Calliope to break her gaze and look at her.

“Calliope, that’s enough.” Mrs. Ashford told Calliope with a stern but soft voice.

Calliope shook her head in dismay for the disturbance in whatever she was doing and looked away.

“Her situation is not a sickness. It is a gift. A gift that will stay with her for all eternity.” Mr. Ashford said.

“But… I-isn’t that a little bit exaggerating?” The principal nervously asked.

The couple was about to answer when Calliope raised her hand to cut them off.

“The only normal eye colours are black, blue, brown, green, gray, purple and some has yellow if they have a sickness.” Calliope said in a velvet voice that has a hint of softness and a bit of firmness. Calliope slowly took off her black shades. “But mine…” Calliope turned her steady gaze to the principal, who gasped in shock as he took a look at her eyes.

The color of her eyes is very disturbing for one to look at. An intense shade of red will make anyone cower in fear. As for the principal, he could not do anything but listen attentively as Calliope explained.

“The only ability that the human eye can have is to see or to cry,” Calliope transferred her gaze to the pencil holder on the principal’s desk. “But mine…” Calliope blinked for the first time since she took off her shades. Suddenly, the pencil holder was engulfed in flames. In just a matter of seconds, the pencil holder was reduced to nothing but ashes.

“Has the ability to set anything in flames and reduce it into nothing but ashes with just one blink. Even with humans.”

By that time, the principal was already shaking with fear. The couple could only look at him with pity as their daughter played with his saneness.

Calliope looked at the principal once again " who whimpered with fear " and narrowed her eyes into thin slits until she was almost blinking.

A trickle of tear escaped from the principal’s eye. Calliope laughed loudly as she scared the wits out of the man.

She opened her eyes into a steady gaze and smiled charmingly at the principal.

“Do you now understand,  Mr. Principal?”

 

© 2013 Alice Hale


Author's Note

Alice Hale
Im just a beginner so please just tell me what you think about it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed this very much. I'll be looking forward to the rest of the story. "Do you now understand, Mr. Principal?" >> go to it. Turn it into a novel, and then a movie script. I love stories about x-ray eyes. Perhaps she's somekind of space-alien seed?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Alice Hale

11 Years Ago

Hahaha, Lol'd at the space alien seed, nice nice xD

but seriously moviee script? thats .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 13, 2013
Last Updated on May 14, 2013
Tags: Fantasy, red, eyes, non-fiction

Author

Alice Hale
Alice Hale

Philippines



About
Just a teenage writer more..

Writing