Tree Stories

Tree Stories

A Story by Alice Beecher

Calendar colored insects bite the popping cherry bundles from the purple moth infested ground. Soon a man will come and he will eat the cherries and his stomach will churn with remorse. A woman will come and he will wish that he could taste her too, smell the dead leaves of her mind. He will wish he knew all there was to know about her and her sewn up lips.

A small figure, about the size of a sea sponge, creaked his narrow, pale green body into the wood. He wore a small red cap and black shoes that twisted upwards at their ends. mother told him the object of loosing oneself in the woods was to remember all you had lost previously. All the parts of hs tiny beating heart were born anew everyday, so everyday he had to loose himself, constantly searching for the old bits of soul which had escaped. Once he found a narrow gold coin, embossed with the fading image of a black moth. It reminded him of the woman he ued to love when he was a man.

© 2008 Alice Beecher


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is unique and intriguing. Is it the beginning of a story you plan to write? If so, you're first few lines are a real attention-grabber.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 19, 2008

Author

Alice Beecher
Alice Beecher

About
"Don't wear sandals, and try to avoid the scandals"-Bob Dylan more..

Writing