An ode to desolation

An ode to desolation

A Story by Jeannette Lunete

"The soft illusion that it was ordinary to recall your ghosts never faded away. I called you Summer when you were my cloudiest autumn. I ripped the shadows out of the walls to make you the only one passing my footprints. Leave the skill to blind me behind you or I will never see again. Make it stop. Or I will." Mr. Robinson wrote these lines before the storm came and all the ink kissed the sky instead of the paper. 

Mr. Robinson kissed the gates of lucid dreams after he lost his beloved chameleon Summer. 
Summer was a mentalistic breakthrough. He reflected the colours of Mr. Robinson's lucid dreams. 
Mr. Robinson would always shut the door hystericaly after seeing the sky in a wrong shade of blue.
Mr. Robinson could steal the patience of a therapist but the cactus tapestry in his toilet can listen too.
Mr. Robinson ignores humanity, because humanity is a stubborn leech.
Mr. Robinson hates ukulele players that don't offer him a pinacolada.
Mr. Robinson should embrace the order in every chaos.

After dealing with this nature you should beware. Mr. Robinson loves to confuse. He loves to contrast and to deliver you nonsense. However it doesn't matter anymore. Mr. Robinson lost his footprints and got instead the zest that brand new wings bring you.

© 2014 Jeannette Lunete


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You are a amazing writer. You know how to use words to make them have life. This story told me of thoughts and places hidden and secret. I like the title. I like the set-up of the short story.
"Mr. Robinson wrote these lines before the storm came and all the ink kissed the sky instead of the paper. "
The ending me with the wish to read more. I like poetry that test the mind. Your story did. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jeannette Lunete

9 Years Ago

Thanks Coyote for this great support. I immensely appreciate it! :)



Reviews

Hey!! This was amazing; the wording is really impeccable and it flowed so nicely!
I noticed just one thing that I thought I'd point out. The sentence "Mr. Robinson wrote this lines before..." did you mean "wrote these lines"? That is a typo that I make a lot too!

I also wanted to praise you on the imagery. You painted a great picture with a few words, and that is a rare talent to find. It just goes to show how very little description is needed when it comes to simply putting forth a story with a specific feeling and image. For that, I applaud you. Well done! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jeannette Lunete

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I can't find the right words to describe the positive vibes that flowed to me w.. read more
This is excellent. I feel like i am in another time reading this. I like that feeling. Very nice imagery.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Jeannette Lunete

9 Years Ago

I notice that you are being quite supportive, thanks a lot for that! :)
Blogger

9 Years Ago

No problem. I know that encouragement is important. But, you good though too.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

614 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 30, 2014
Last Updated on September 8, 2014

Author

Jeannette Lunete
Jeannette Lunete

About
Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see. C. S. Lewis more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..