Insensible

Insensible

A Story by Jeannette Lunete

Canarie under the dishonorable shades of escutcheon is moving a swan neck into the moonlight. 

Couperin is playing the last sonata illuminated by the sparkle of her Akoya pearls. 

"Insensible" etched in her opal amulet. 

The cross is closer to the underground. With every step she's further from sentiment. Further from the unborn shelter.

Shall the boniard be a obedient slave of yours? 

"It Shan't. Enchanté airways.May I join you to the last state of sangfroid?
It seems like the thorns will bath me and the stones will macerate me.
I'm on the edge. There is no footprint out of flesh and bone that would follow me down.
Emerald may never join my vision. His emerald bijoux pressed in eyeballs.
Every sunrise will drown me. Every sunset will rein me. The joy of dusk is all I have."

© 2014 Jeannette Lunete


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

some things are never meant to be.. doesn't lessen the pain and the scars that are born from the wanting, the wishing, the beauty that can only be admired from afar.. the loneliness of that fall from the edge as we are forced to walk away from that which we would give anything to have, but know we cannot.. each aspect that allures us, rips us inside as well.. may be way off, but that is what I felt when I read this.. as always such a joy to get lost in the imagery and emotion that you so brilliantly put to the page..

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jeannette Lunete

9 Years Ago

Thanks a lot April for these insightful words. They always mean a lot to me! :)
AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

It is always my pleasure.. You are more than welcome..
Amazing use of words. Made me wish to read more. This would be perfect verbal poetry. The words alive and powerful. I enjoyed the complete story. You said a lot in so few words. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jeannette Lunete

9 Years Ago

Thanks a lot Coyote. I'm glad you've enjoyed it. I appreciate it a lot. :)
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome. I always enjoy your poetry and story.
This writing has so many suggestions that it is difficult to encapsulate them all into just one clear intention. The ones that came to me are for example:

The images of that which has one face but under clear inspection is nothing but a guise a mask and even a way to pretend. The language is what brings this beauty. Only to imagine a Canary guised, trying to impersonate a Swan. The music of Couperin brought to the fore again embelished by the physicality of a jewel as if to juxtapose to aspects of life which actually do not really belong together. So when the acknowledgment that the intentions are moving away from a sense of purity is revealed and furthermore that there is a forced and burdended question of :

Shall I be submissive for you?

It left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. From there on all the beautiful words, gently sway as it is customary, but they are indeed an indication of a pretense although majestically adorned for the sake of making things look good from the outside maybe.... A front that it is not leading to satisfaction.

The consolation the silence of Dusk which awaits patiently those who carry within them the need for solace.

Thank You.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
my interest is piqued ... love your use of the language .. had to look up a lot .. i always appreciate that .. you have turned me on to some fine new vocabulary .. so thank you!! your story is dark and very enigmatic .. so much so that i think there are other chapters i have missed that would explain some of it .. you switch to the first person so at the end i wonder if this is about feeling depressed .. perhaps its not for the reader to know .. i read this several times and enjoyed each for reasons stated .. i am left wanting more .. so i have to say good job!! i am hooked ;)
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jeannette Lunete

9 Years Ago

There's always a lack of detail. There are some hidden ideas that don't show up.
I'm glad tha.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 23, 2014
Last Updated on December 24, 2014

Author

Jeannette Lunete
Jeannette Lunete

About
Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see. C. S. Lewis more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Crazy Crazy

A Poem by Mark