All In a Memory

All In a Memory

A Poem by _Ally_
"

A Love Story

"
It's in the way of sunrises when my eyes first saw your face.
Your light shines and I am blessed to be by your side.
How you pulled me close and kissed me sending me off into emotions more than a million novels, or quotes, or equations could ever understand.
I dropped like the leaves from the trees in autumn and rested safe inside your arms.
The closest to heartbeats rooted by the feet that you stand on because you are the person I came to grow so fond of.
So soft, so powerful, so gentle, so beautiful.
When we first held hands the mold was effortless whispering "I finally found you" and nothing else mattered.
I was the happiest woman on earth that day.
Standing in winter stillness I could see the sparkle that comes from within you truly amazing.
The uniqueness you have resembles pearls in Oysters at the bottom of the sea.
A rare gift.
Perfectly, Imperfect. 
You are multi-talented with endless curiosity.
Like highways that turn into back roads that lead to hidden paradises unknown.
The sound of your voice replays in my head as favorite recordings on repeat and some days serve as lullabies.
My smile starts from the inside out, fireworks, and you set off particles uncontrollably in waves of emotions that are beat path'd, beat mapped.
It's how I find myself catching glances at you. 
My eyes are drawn to you in amazement.
Every.. single.. time.
Warm summer days sitting with you on a bridge. We watched nature around us struck me after with thoughts of how magical it really was. Those dragonflies aka spirits swarmed around us in a mystical aura while I sat there lost in your presence as my present.
From the beaches.. to walks through the streets, sitting fireside, out dancing, home felt like anywhere because I was with you.
Whether it be looking up at the stars or watching the clouds roll by I'll always remember how it felt to be by your side.

© 2023 _Ally_


Author's Note

_Ally_
Open for comments & reviews

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There is so much heart in this piece, thank you for sharing it. I always love poetic descriptions of love, and you have done it very well :)

Posted 6 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
1 Review
Added on October 12, 2023
Last Updated on October 12, 2023
Tags: Memories, Love

Author

_Ally_
_Ally_

Canada



About
Driven more..

Writing
The Core The Core

A Poem by _Ally_