Those Eyes

Those Eyes

A Story by Alison Williamson
"

A short story I wrote recently about finally seeing love through the most telling feature of a human being.

"
Those Eyes


Shades of blue and green merging. Such an image it is. The way the light sparkling blue mixes and caresses it's way through the green. Penetrating into new land and swirling with its new companion. Some parts join, forming teal as others spark out in their original colour. Flecks of green, blue and teal all surrounding the single black dot. The gaping hole constantly growing and shrinking. Dilating as events unfold. All emotions revealed through the hypnotic swirls with the deep penetrating centre. Happiness, clearly shown in the depths of the pools. As the emotion grows so does the light. The glowing light reflects an image through the black pupil.

Another person. A girl. Me.

That same expression in my eyes, in my face.

Love.

Slowly, dipping my head closer I lose the image in his mesmerising eyes as they softly flutter shut. The whole world surrounding us being completely blocked; breaths mingling, no other sound. Shutting down senses to make the others stronger. The smells of perfume and aftershave gently wafting upwards from our clothing. The touch of skin on skin, the small jolt of electricity and warmth that shoots through the nerves.

Inching further forward I allow my own love-filled pools to close softly. The thrum of my heart picking up it's pace. Wanting to join my eagerly awaiting lips in order to feel the love straight from it's source.

We stop.

Noses rubbing, eyes shut and downcast. Breathing mingled, mixing as one. A hand. My hair is pushed back, softly tucked behind my ear before the sweet gesture is finished by placing the hand in the crook of my neck.

A perfect fit. His thumb gently caressing the edge of my cheek. A soft, slow, sensual movement. The repetitive up and down motions, my head tilting lightly into his open and soothing palm.

His nose brushes over my own before trailing past his hand, mimicking the action of his thumb before resting just above my newly exposed ear. His light breaths waft into my ear, a tingle running down my spine in excitement.

"I love you."

The words whisper their way through my canal, reaching my brain and making my eyes flutter open. I turn his face back to mine, his own eyes open sensing my imploring ones.

I separate our faces slightly in order to capture both of his loving eyes with mine. Offering him my toothy beam I whisper back, my own voice filled with a husky tone.

"I love you too baby, so so much."

Grasping the short hairs at the back of his neck I pull him passionately towards me placing my lips firmly onto his own. I sigh into the kiss, my body moving unconsciously towards him, arms winding their way around my body, pulling me closer.

Safety. Warmth. Love. Protection.

All the words swirl through my head as I press and mould my lips into his own, breathy sighs escaping our insatiable mouths. Tongues dart out and join in a swirling salsa, dancing to a silent yet well-known rhythm.

The dance continues on, both giving equal passion and energy into their movements before slowly winding down to an elegant and beautiful stop.

Separating again I slowly open my eyes to find his already fixed onto my face. They lock together, pools swirling with the endless possibilities that love brings.

Love is such a beautiful thing, often found deeply hidden in the heart.

However, if you are ever given the chance to see this love it is always shown to the world through the heart's own personal windows:

Those Eyes.

© 2015 Alison Williamson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on September 23, 2015
Last Updated on September 23, 2015
Tags: Love, eyes, light, happy, short story

Author

Alison Williamson
Alison Williamson

United Kingdom



About
A young girl from Scotland aspiring for her work to be seen by as many people as possible and to touch or help anyone who reads it. more..

Writing