The winners of the Dark & Twisty Poetry comptetition

The winners of the Dark & Twisty Poetry comptetition

A Story by The Avid Reader
"

The results of the Dark & Twisty Poetry Competition!

"

Hello to all the talented writers in WritersCafe!

I created a poetry contest called Dark & Twisty and as a result, I received many great and wonderful poems from very talented writers. It was my pleasure to read through them, and It was not easy to choose the best out of them as every single work was fantastic, dark, and twisty, in its own way. But I had to choose, so in the end I chose the four poems that I found to be the darkest of them all. I thought to share the results with you, to thank the writers for participating in this little contest, and also to share these amazing poems with you.

4- The Broken Mirror
   
    The broken Mirror is a touching Poem by Streetrose. As the narrator remembers and talks about a particular "her" (I would think that the narrator is a mother talking about her child. However that is my interpretation!), the reader can also picture those memories, and you can feel the sadness in the narrator's voice, as though you could hear it.

3 - Echo From The Darkness:
   
    This poem is written by VALORMORE DE PLUME and it is a well crafted masterpiece that takes you away to dark places. There are multiple way of interpreting this poem. At the end I was left wondering weather the author is talking about death in this poem, or our inner demons.

2 - Tap Tap:
    
     Written by Shawna, Tap Tap is an original work that really caught my attention. I read it multiple times, and every time felt like it was the first time I was reading it. Is it talking about insanity? It felt on the same wavelength as what Edgar Allen Poe once said. “I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.”  

1 - The Devil's Lullaby:
 
    Written by Edmund Reilly, The Devil's Lullaby is a powerful and a haunting poem with a clever rhyme scheme that really complements the poem. At first I though it had an anti-religious theme, but then in my second read through I thought I had got it all wrong. The poem is truly deep, and the ending gave me shivers. Did he die in the end? I do not know anymore.

In the end I would like to thank all the writers who participated in the contest. It was a pleasure reading your works, and you were all fantastic. I will be creating another contest soon.

Catch you all later!

© 2016 The Avid Reader


Author's Note

The Avid Reader
I know this is not a story, but I could not find an appropriate category for this post.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the uniqueness of this. It reminds me of the way broadway critics review shows. This brings an additional layer as an epilogue to the contest, to proclaim the winners and summarize the host's impressions of the participants and the winning selections.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 2, 2016
Last Updated on May 2, 2016

Author

The Avid Reader
The Avid Reader

CO



About
As an avid reader, I am here to create contest, so that I can read the best works you talented people have to offer, and you get to compete in engaging contest. more..