Happy Birthday with Love

Happy Birthday with Love

A Poem by Allen Smuckler
"

nothing we can do about getting older, but plenty we can do about getting wiser...

"













Birthdays, seem to come and go

Love is always here to stay

Birthdays, like seas, ebb and flow

Love, we know, decides the way...

 

Birthdays try to tell no lies

Love, we say, belongs to us

Birthdays steadfast on the rise

Love, and joy, without the fuss....

 

Birthdays proudly show the gray

Love, like elk, is colorblind

Birthdays teach me what to say

Love, abounds, and so sublime ...

 

Birthday wishes on my lips

Love reminds me to forgive

Birthdays from your body drips

Love is all I have to give ...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2011 Allen Smuckler


Author's Note

Allen Smuckler
August 30, 2009

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

waw...great...
loved the line "Birthday wishes on my lips"...I get so excited at Birthdays, even others' Birthdays...nothing to do with presents (well..only a little haa)..it's just it's a time to express your love in a little bit more special way, creating even more smiles and filling our hearts with even more Love.
I prefer to give than receive as I love watching someone elses face open up a mysterious parcel, only to find a little something, that was wanted and knowing that another has done that for you, went to the trouble, creates more and more smiles, happiness and LOVE all round really.
So if you gave nothing on a Birthday but Love (as you said), you have made a certain someone very happy. And that to me is what it's all about.
Very well done.
Thank you for share
Babs x

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Baz
A lovely write Allen. The back and forth structure is brilliantly executed, and the last couplet rounds things off beautifully. Great stuff.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love that cake, thanks Allen, now I am craving white cake with pink icing. LOL.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
?
Wow Allen you write this with such wise words. Hmmmmmmmm does such wisdom come with age? lol Im so glad I took a break from all the stress in my life today, to stop in to read.
Love abounds
and if love is all you have to give, then you have given the greatest gift!!
Wonderful piece Allen


Posted 12 Years Ago


You've filled your lines with a joyful glimpse of celebration, and the love that hopefully grows year to year. A beautiful wisdom here, of what will last and carry us so brilliantly with the changing of the seasons.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love the wisdom in your words. I always take a few weeks before my birthday to reflect and redirect my path. I'm always grateful for another year of life. Happy birthday to you, dear friend! And many, many more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


A poem full of wise thoughts and good words .. a present to yourself and a reminder that we're as young as we feel when we place commas in the correct places! ' .. Birthdays teach me what to say ~ Love, abounds, and so sublime ...'

Belated happy birthday wishes, Allen .. hope you had a great day! May i add the date to my birthday-blog list, please?

Posted 12 Years Ago


I just went to a birthday party...Nice poem...Well structured... :)))

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
A very wonderful Birthday write,
Enjoyed reading.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very nice birthday poem. I try to skip my birthday. After 53 of them. They are not so special. I do like the kids birthday parties. I like to see their happiness. Thank you for the beautiful and positive poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

980 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 17, 2011
Last Updated on September 12, 2011
Tags: Love

Author

Allen Smuckler
Allen Smuckler

Sarasota, FL



About
I'm a poet, a singer, a peaceful gunslinger.. looking to share my poetry..and a little bit of me...if I dare I 've been writing since I was 18.... am slightly older now, and still trying to fin.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Irene Irene

A Poem by Allen Smuckler


My Truth My Truth

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Rebecca Rebecca

A Poem by Tate Morgan