Me, Myself, and I

Me, Myself, and I

A Poem by Allen Smuckler
"

Brrrrr, is all I could say....I'm otta here for warmer weather...

"





 













Too damn cold

at the Pawley Resort.

No reason to distort,

gotta be bold

(I said to myself).

 

I needed to be

south of here.

Cracked open a beer,

decided to flee.

(I thought to myself).

 

Left at 12 noon

instead of ten.

Did not know when,

only knew soon

(I assured myself).

 

Deerfield Beach

on the left side coast.

10 p.m. at the most

not otta reach

(I prayed to myself).

 

Roasting and toasting

I lie by the pool.

Mom raised no fool,

wistful and coasting

(I grinned to myself).

 

 

 

© 2011 Allen Smuckler


Author's Note

Allen Smuckler
January 29, 2009
South Carolina is just too cold for me in the winter...Florida is the place to be, if you want warmth...so I left for good.
Photo: Litchfield Beach, Pawley Island, SC (January, 2009)...picture tells it all.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I lived in Georgia for three years. Winter was real cold like Michigan. But the days of January can bring the cold of winter to you. I like the photo and the poem. Thank you for the poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's a wonderfully warm poem. I enjoyed reading it. I guess Florida is the place to be. My best friends moved from New York to Cape Coral, Florida ten years ago, and they love it! Nice writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Just you bear in mind, buster, that with all that warmth, there is a price to be paid! Remember the line from "What Texas Don't Lack": "Tradin' hurricanes for "naders (tornadoes)/ Lawd! My brains mus' been tossed!" You've just traded gooseflesh for hurricanes. Think about it! (But then, I suppose you had plenty of hurricane exposure in SoCar as well, so maybe not!)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow...really, well I think you made the right choice.
I was born in Florda. Have fun!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's been in the 3-digits since the end of May I am ready for a cold winters day:)
great poem by the way

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
?
Allen this was such a fun poem. As hot as it has been here in OK, I would rather have the heat than the cold.
Nicely written and such fun. Although by the looks of the photo you look like your having a little fun.
(I grinned to myself) lol

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh, yes, there have been several cold PA winters when I've dreamed of drifting south to warmer climates. I enjoyed the flow of this poem and the words inside the brackets made me feel as if I was in your mind while you were making the choice to leave. Very nice!

Posted 12 Years Ago


An excellent poem Allen. Made me shiver for a monent till I went with you to Florida. ( In the poem) Loved it. You have great talent for expressing and imagery.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I was even wearing a sweatshirt in W. Palm not to long ago lol.. The weather is messed up.. An Excellent write Allen and I could so relate :) xx Now I'm off to San Francisco and we'll see ..it's cool there too from what I hear..x

Posted 12 Years Ago


You just have to rub things in again don't ya? Don't you ever work? You're too happy all the time, need to invite you to my world for a day. Just kidding, I enjoyed this poem.
:)

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

633 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 20, 2011
Last Updated on July 26, 2011

Author

Allen Smuckler
Allen Smuckler

Sarasota, FL



About
I'm a poet, a singer, a peaceful gunslinger.. looking to share my poetry..and a little bit of me...if I dare I 've been writing since I was 18.... am slightly older now, and still trying to fin.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..