An Incredibly Impossible Story (Chapter 1)

An Incredibly Impossible Story (Chapter 1)

A Story by Kristin
"

This is the story of an incredibly impossible girl and her adventures.

"

            My life was never tragic, dramatic, or in any way catastrophic. It was bland, normal and absolutely uninspiring. In every way imaginable, I was just like all other young adults; in a constant state of crisis and fear of the unknown world of adult hood that tended to lie ahead of me. I had no superior good looks or any extraordinary talents. I was there and existing, but not in the way I had always wished. Since I was a child, I had an ambition to go on adventures. Great adventures, that is. The type of adventures where you slay your inner demons outwardly projected as terrifying monstrosities and then save your inner princess with a big kiss to your own ego. However, there I was. A struggling college student merely existing among the sea of other college students with forced smiles as they acknowledge that they are no longer children existing in the back ground, but the future stuck in a present state of chaos.

            In those days, my chestnut hair (when it was let down) was in a constant state of frizz and mid-way down my back, but mostly it was lopped up in a bun very unlike the ones you would spot on a ballerinas head. My boring chocolate eyes hidden behind squarely framed glasses, my disapproving lips in a constant smirk at the idiocies of the modern world, my eyebrows in a permanently upraised and perfectly plucked state, and my plump yet athletic body always tended to be draped in leggings and a long tunic that made my thighs look too big but helped contain that little bit of cellulite that every college student has gained from eating nothing but processed junk. See? The average twenty something living the American collegiate dream.

© 2014 Kristin


Author's Note

Kristin
This is just the first two paragraphs of Chapter 1. I will be updating it as soon as I get more written! Thank you! Feedback will be greatly appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really enjoyed this one! Very comical and lighthearted, yet with some powerful lines :)

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 17, 2014
Last Updated on July 17, 2014
Tags: #firsttwoparagraphs #newnovel #w, #love, #supernatural

Author

Kristin
Kristin

About
I am a twenty something author in pursuance of her nagging dream to write s****y stories about love, loss, and everything in between. more..