Eve's Lesson

Eve's Lesson

A Story by Allusyen
"

Eve is taken by Michael and questioned about Lucy. This is Part of my 100 things challenge. #50 - Breaking the Rules

"

 Have I ever broken a rule? Was this guy serious? That was the mother of dumb questions... to ask me anyway. Admittedly, I’d asked him it first, thinking to throw him off guard. He was just asking it back idly, with that silly curious-puppy expression on his face. Didn’t he know me better than that by now?

“Rules are made to be broken.” I state simply, flashing him a glimpse of my trademark ‘killer’ smile.

“No. Rules are made to be obeyed.” He always thinks he’s right, even now I can hear that smug edge to his voice. He thinks he’s won this one. It’s a good job too… I wouldn’t have half as much fun with him if he didn’t.

“Wrong.” I click my tongue at him and shake my head. “Silly Rabbit. If everyone did as they should you would have no need for rules. By their very existence, your rules admit that there are people in this world who will not always do what you wish of them and will not abide by your rules.”

“And that is why we have consequences, Eve. To deter people from breaking the rules.”

“Oh please! Now you’re talking rubbish. Telling someone that you’ll bend them over the desk and spank them if they don’t behave is not a deterrent. It most definitely wouldn’t stop me snapping gum, putting my feet on the table and seducing people to get my way.”

“No?” I laughed.

“If anything, Mikey, it’s practically begging me to do it all the more.”

“My name isn’t Mikey, it’s Michael.” He corrects me smoothly, automatically. “But that’s very interesting Eve. How does seducing men make you feel?” Eugh. I hate shrink-mode.

“I didn’t say men.” I smiled so sweetly, running my forefinger across painted red lips. Teasing comes so easily to me. It’s almost a family trait.

The shock on his face is priceless, and for a moment I see Him behind the professional façade. I see him thinking about me with other women, fantasising. Just for a moment, and then he’s back, tapping his pen against the clipboard.

“Eve, please. This would be much easier if you would just tell us what we wish to know.”

“I’m telling you what you want to know, Michael. I haven’t lied to you once.” I can see him pause as he waits for confirmation that I am not lying to him, someone watching me and dissecting me and whispering things to Michael. I don’t like it very much. “In fact, I’ve been so honest with you, I’m starting to forget myself. I usually lie, all the time… But you’re cute, and you’ve been so very nice to me. I’d have dressed nicely to meet you, outside of here. It’s a shame your people didn’t wait another hour before deciding to take me. I’d have been dressed for tonight.”
“Where were you going tonight, Eve?”

“You know, Michael. Why do you ask me when you know?” He sighed.
“I have to ask you, Eve. Especially seeing as we are not lying to one another.” Ah, there. He wasn’t lying to me. That would be handy, all the little pieces of information I’d gleaned from this little session…

“It’s a shame we had to meet like this. I think I’d have very much liked to have dinner with you. I'd definitely have been thinking about letting you take me home for dessert.” I was careful with my phrasing… Truthful, Honest… but not enough for him to catch me out.

“I would have liked that, Eve.” He was so careful to always use my name. I guess I must look like her more than I thought. Perhaps she was even the reason he chose this career, the reason he was the one questioning me.

“I think I would have worn a corset for you… Sapphire blue with a Diamond white skirt.” I smiled. Every girl liked gems but my choice of words definitely struck a chord within him �" he sat up straighter and I knew right then once and for all, that he had definitely met her.

“Oh, but I don’t own anything else to wear with it…” I purposefully reached up and touched my neck as if missing a pendant. I watched his eyes widen slightly. “I think my mom does…I could ask her to lend me something for our bedroom date.” His eyes widened.

“Are you in touch with your mother, Eve?”

“Do you know who my mother is, Michael?”

“Ms. Fortress.” He was almost breathless, his eyes almost popping out when I nodded and leant in closer to him.

“Say her name, Michael.” He didn’t mean to… they never do.

“Lucy.” He breathed, leaning in towards me more than I was him.
“I think my mom would like you, Michael… if you weren’t keeping me prisoner that was.” He frowned, almost pouting like a child told he can’t have an ice cream. I tugged gently on the handcuffs holding me to the chair. “You could open these for me… I’ll be sure to tell her how helpful you were when she helps me dress for you.”

“I could…?” He sounds unsure… I may have pushed him a little too far too fast, but I don’t have time to play with him anymore. I don’t have time to go slow and not break his mind and his will. I think briefly on how much of a shame it would be to leave him as a gibbering wreck in the corner when he’d been so clever to find me to get to Lucy.

“Yes, Michael. I can’t very well take my own chair on our date now, can I?” He isn’t fighting against the suggestion in my voice �" he’s not even fighting himself over releasing me. He’d already decided to do it. I don’t know why he’s hesitating. Strange.

I force more suggestion in my voice and tug on his will a little more.

“You could give me the key as a gift, Michael.” His eyes light up and he smiles.

“Eve! I got you a gift!” I watch him take the key from around his neck and pass it to me.

“Thanks Mikey. It’s gorgeous, I love it.”
“Oh I knew you would!” He almost bounces with excitement and I smile sadly as I unlock the handcuffs. He didn't react to Mikey... 

He offers me his hand and I let him lead me out of the room, out of the facility unquestioned.

At the door I pause and lean in to kiss his cheek.
“You were magnificent Mikey. I’m sorry… I have to go.”
“Aww.” He pouted more, and I couldn’t help my own sad smile. He hated being called Mikey.

“I’ll come back to see you soon, okay?”
“Yay! Thank you!” He bounces off, waving, happy and I start down the steps to the dark sedan waiting for me with a heavy heart. The engine is running and the driver pulls away from the curb as I slide in the back and close the door.

“Something went wrong. What was it?” The blonde waiting for me in the back of the car studies me eagerly.

“I broke him.” The smile falls from my face. “I didn’t mean to, I just… I guess I was a little too fast...” The filthy comment I was expecting didn’t come from her, she just held her arms open to me and I leant against her, trying not to let her see the tear roll down my cheek.

“It’s alright sweetie… Mom’s got you.” She whispers as we drive away.

© 2011 Allusyen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is the first writing I've read of yours in over 10 years.
Really awesome. Your female characters have soul AND strength.
So tired of the wooden stereotypes of the helpless women in distress.
Yours don't just play the game differently, they change the whole game.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is the first writing I've read of yours in over 10 years.
Really awesome. Your female characters have soul AND strength.
So tired of the wooden stereotypes of the helpless women in distress.
Yours don't just play the game differently, they change the whole game.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is an intriguing piece of writing!
So much between the lines that would definitely be well explained in a longer piece, or even a book, especially when it comes to the questions that pop up most: Who are these two? Why are they there? What is going on outside of that piece of dialogue? Who is Lucy?
A bit more spacing might be useful in this bit to get a better overview but from a writing point of view, I like it. The hints you drop here and there keep the reader going, wanting to find out more, and even when the suggestions become a little bit clearer, you still don't reveal all too much about the individuals, or the background of the story, which I personally find a very interesting way of writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 24, 2011
Last Updated on July 24, 2011

Author

Allusyen
Allusyen

York, United Kingdom



About
The 100 Things Challenge 1.The Name, Ivy 2. My Perfect Love 3. Light 4. Dark 5. Seeking Solace 6. Break Away 7. Heaven 8. Innocence 9. Drive 10. "Second Meetings" 11. "My Perfect Woman..... more..

Writing
The Library The Library

A Story by Allusyen


Seeing Red... Seeing Red...

A Story by Allusyen