Beautiful (song)

Beautiful (song)

A Poem by AllyMarie
"

Because good writing is writing what you know.

"

Tell me, dear brother, why must you walk down this path of destruction? Inhale unclean air and it'll certainly be hard to breathe. Why must you suffocate yourself?

 

Brother oh brother, what are you doin'? That's wrong and you know it, just put it down. It's dirty it's dirty, so why do you touch it? You will see if you just put it down, what's beautiful.

 

Beloved mother, look around. Is this where you wanted to be? Surround yourself with broken glass and you will surely bleed. Why must you trip yourself?

 

Mother oh mother, what are you doin'? That's wrong and you know it, just walk away. It's harmful it's harmful so why are you in it? You will see if you just walk away, what's beautiful.

 

Long and lost father, what is this? Is this really life how you've been livin'? Hide from the inside and you'll push everyone away. Why must you doom yourself?

 

Father oh father, what are you doin'? That's wrong and you know it, just be strong. It's hurtful it's hurtful so why do you do it? You will see if you just be strong, what's beautiful.

 

Mirror reflection, tell me why must you cling onto those whom are drowning? Hold on to them and you will go down. Why must you do this to yourself?

 

Oh. What are you doin'? That's wrong and you know it, just turn around. It's ugly it's ugly, so why are you lookin'? You will see if you just turn around, what's beautiful.

 

What's beautiful.

Beautiful

© 2009 AllyMarie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on December 23, 2009
Last Updated on December 23, 2009

Author

AllyMarie
AllyMarie

Sanford, FL



About
I'm a hopeless romantic, a cuddler, an artist, a musician, a singer, a dancer, and a writer. I'm a deep-thinker, a believer, and someone who just plain refuses to give up. Period. more..

Writing