Legos

Legos

A Poem by Alona Rivika

She holds my hand and learns who I am, by short seemingly meaningless conversations. Eventually, she begins to question if I am the person I presented myself to be. So I slowly unbutton my sweater, until she is able to put the puzzle pieces together. I remember how she figured me out. Then suddenly she reached into my ghost-like transparent physique and took my buttoned heart. She stared at it intently and abruptly unfastened each clasp, till my heart was completely open. Without warning, Legos tumbled out of my flaccid heart, like an avalanche. Every Lego was disheveled and detached from one another. Flabbergasted by this mess, she washed each Lego with soap, made sure they were clean and started combing these cube like connectors together.  It was quite ravishing. Blocks of different colors, built on each other, in such a palatable work of dexterity.

   Above all, I will never forget the smile on her face, silently asking me if I liked what she had done. At that exact moment,  I  remember losing all sense of reality and just kissing her.  Somehow, our fingers had magically connected our hands. We were one. A creation!

 Within the hour, our fingers slowly began to come apart. We both sat up and awakened to reality. She put the Legos back into my heart, but this time it was different. It wasn’t dismantled. It was together. It was art and she was the creator.  Within that single thought, she buttoned the fabric claps of my heart and reached into my ghost like body, and put my heart back on its stand. I was whole once again.

This time, she pulled me toward her and kissed me. Kissed me until the memory was vague.  She was a ghost and within a second she faded away.

 Once in a while, you need an artist, but only you can let them in. More or less, like paint, people will fade away, but maybe if you never give up, people and Legos will never break apart.

 

© 2013 Alona Rivika


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I was just fumbling around and reading and came across this... It pulled me into some of my own feelings... thank you for sharing

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alona Rivika

10 Years Ago

Aww thank you for your kind words :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
1 Review
Added on June 24, 2013
Last Updated on June 24, 2013

Author

Alona Rivika
Alona Rivika

Melbourne, FL



About
Writing is mostly my diary of emotions. I'm really into music and I love to sing and play my guitar. I'm a really smiley person. I probably smile to much lol. In spite of that, my idol is Jessie J and.. more..

Writing
Courage Courage

A Poem by Alona Rivika


Courage Courage

A Poem by Alona Rivika