Rivers of Memories

Rivers of Memories

A Story by Alovingwriter
"

After a car accident a surgeon gets an interesting power

"
On the spring day of march 21st, doctor zdravko ljubic was driving on the road towards his city he was on the medical council in another city regarding the corruption in the medical industry, the first part of the talk was about the nurses illegally selling medical equipment such as scalpels,medical outfits, pills, syringes, the second part of the talk was about medical malpractice, doctors prescribing incorrect pills,some doctors would only shortly look at the patient and prescribe a pill while many doctors would force the patients to treat them with money for simply vaccinating them for a disease and the worst of the behaviour occurred when doctors and surgeons rejected surgeries because the patient or the patient's family didn't have a decently large amount of money to pay the doctor a personal fee, this medical malpractice caused many deaths and doctor zdravko ljubic managed to send about 15 of such doctors to jail, doctors who caused deaths because of their greed, zdravko managed to also send 25 nurses to jail and not only that, but zdravko managed to convince many hospitals to tighten their medical inspection.

Doctor zdravko was smilling,he was happy that he was having a positive effect on the world but he was also sad that making the hospitals more better took so long.

His face then turned sour, this was only in few hospitals in a couple of cities he would have to wait some more time until All the hospitals in the nation tightened their medical inspection,he wasn't too pleased with that but then he sighed and remained patient and hopeful for a better time.

The car of doctor zdravko arrived at the city, the city had old architecture with some modern buildings sprinkled in a couple of streets and had many parks, many were large.

his car passed many rivers which went through the city,zdravko couldn't help but admire the beauty of the clean flowing river, the beauty of the buildings, and the beauty of the parks, of which there were children playing there, seeing the children and many adults there relaxing and being happy also made him happy.

He arrived at his hospital, he got out of his car and walked inside the hospital and after some time walking he made his way to the the room of the administrator of the hospital, jovan lepovic.

Jovan lepovic managed to run the hospital successfully for a few years and because of this zdravko was happy with jovan and liked him, although there were some hiccups here and there like on the jovan's first year as the administrator of the hospital, in which he forgave a doctor for medical malpractice this in turn made zdravko angry and zdravko scolded him and not too long after that jovan fired the doctor, these types of hiccups always made zdravko weary of the administrator but still there were some positive changes because of jovan so zdravko was pleased with him so far.

Zdravko knocked on the door, jovan was writing the hospitals reports, jovan is a grey haired man with wrinkles on his face, but still quite young, jovan looked up and said "who's there?" Zdravko then opened the door, smiling, and entered the room, jovan started to smile and he got up from his chair and made his way halfway across the room greeting zdravko with a handshake "how is the situation regarding the council?" Said jovan, zdravko replied in a happy tone of voice "nice!I managed to persuade multiple hospitals to tighten medical inspection across multiple cities!"

Jovan put one arm on zdravko's shoulder and with his right hand he motioned towards the chair "sit and tell me more"

Zdravko and jovan both sat on the chairs,zdravko sighed happily , crossed his legs and said "I managed to send about 15 doctors and 25 nurses to jail" before he could continue jovan said "excellent! You made nice progress, now let's talk about the surgical operation-" and before jovan could continue, zdravko halted him,put one hand up and said "I did not finish my sentence! I wanted to say that there would be still be a decent amount of time before all the hospitals across the nation are convinced to tighten their medical inspection" jovan frowned and replied to zdravko "there will be a lot of time before that happens, but can you please concentrate on my words? This weekend you have a surgical operation regarding a patient's spleen, are you sure you can do the operation?"


On Sunday zdravko has to pull out a damaged spleen from a patient, the problem is that in the past few weeks zdravko had many surgical operations, and was tired, not only that but the medical council also made him even more tired, zdravko with a exasperated sigh replied to jovan " I am sure I can do the surgical operation, but after that I will have to be a couple weeks on rest" hearing those words made jovan frown heavily, he was dissatisfied with zdravko, partially with zdravko pushing himself, and partially because zdravko is the best surgeon in the hospital, and him being on rest for a couple of weeks would have made things more stressful for everyone, jovan replied to zdravko "are you sure? You know what if a harder operation appears and you are the only one that can surely help the patient out?" Zdravko closed his eyes, smiled then said in a sure tone of voice "then I will still do the operation, regardless of whether I am on vacation, or on rest" jovan was in disbelief, unsatisfied, he crossed his arms,and looked at zdravko in a serious fashion, he hoped that zdravko would only chose to be on rest for a week, so he could do surgical operations at a steady rate, but the hospital would have to adapt for a couple of weeks without zdravko, jovan then looked at his computer, then turned his gaze back to zdravko and said "you can leave" zdravko, smilling got up and left without another word.

Zdravko looked around the hospital, looking at the patients, looking at doctors, he remembers his first day on the job, first surgical operation, he doesn't say anything, and leaves the hospital.

Zdravko went to his car and opened the door and sat on the seat, he closed the door and then he put his hands on his lap , his gaze looking in front of the car,then he turns his gaze towards the roof of the car, he inhales and exhales loudly, many things concern him,the future of his child, the medical operation, convincing hospitals to make the medical inspection better, he reverts his gaze back to the car, pulls out his car keys and starts the car.

He drives around the city before returning home, looking at the passing people, he wonders if any of them will end up on the operation table,whether he will be the one that will be doing the surgical operation on them,and whether he will be able to save them.

He finishes his drive in front of his home,he pulls out the car keys, and stares at his home, he remembers when he bought the home with his wife.

The smile on their face, their loving looks to each other, the summer weather, and the optimism of both of them.

He exits his car, and goes to his home, he opens his door, he takes off his suit and tie, then he locks and closes the door, he puts his clothes on the coat hanger, and goes searching for his wife.

He finds her in a kitchen,reading a cooking book, and on the kitchen table is a baked cake, she turns towards him, and smiles, she says in a happy tone of voice "guess what I did today?"

Zdravko smiles, he appreciates when his wife does such things,those little actions of affections, he feels grateful that he does not need to ask his wife to be loving.

"Let me guess, a tasty cake?" Zdravko said, smiling, he goes towards his wide and he hugs her.

His wife hugs him back and says "you know I am trying to get better at cooking! This is the.... 26th different cake that I baked you this month?"

Zdravko let's go of the hug, pulls out the chair and sits to eat

"27th cake actually,you really are getting better at cooking!" He replies to his wife, he takes the fork and starts eating the cake.

"You actually keep count of the cakes? Are they that nice?"

His wife says, a bit surprised but smiling, she puts her hands on her hips.

"Well, any food made by you is really delicious! I always liked your cooking!" Zdravko looks at her while saying those words, he then does a thumbs up

"Although you shouldn't push yourself too much, to the point of pain" he says while he is eating

His wife loved him,that is why she keeps making the cakes, she smiles and goes to the kitchen.

Zdravko finishes the small cake, and goes upstairs to the bedroom, he sees the baby boy sleeping in the crib, he kisses him on the head,then he changed clothes wore a pajama, and he laid on the bed, not too long his wife joined him and cuddled him while sleeping.

The following week was a busy day for zdravko, he managed to successfully pull out the damaged spleen,then the day after the operation he had to search for a gift for his wife since her birthday is coming up,her birthday being on 18th April.

zdravko found a nice gift for his wife,that would surely make her happy.

The day of his wife's birthday came up, not many people were invited, just some family and couple of friends, but they were all important people to zdravko and zdravko's wife

The room in which the birthday party was held had a dark blue carpet, with light blue pattern,thr table was a classic wooden table, a gray sofa, and a floor made of wood, the walls were gray

A total of 12 people were present at the party, the baby was also in the room.

Zdravko brought in a chocolate cake,which had red strawberries on top, and a total of 15 candles.

Zdravko laid the cake on the table, his wife a bit confused, because there need to be more than 30 candles on the cake,she looked towards zdravko and said "15?"

Zdravko had his hands on his hips,with a wide smile "Well there were only 15 candles left at the shop, vast majority of other shops did not have candles"

Zdravko's wife looked at him, then looked back on the cake,the people started singing the happy birthday song, and zdravko's wife had a big smile on her face,she looked at everyone.

Then Zdravko's wife blew on the cake candles, the people finished singing happy birthday,then she started opening the gifts, her mother and father bought her a pillow and new sheets, and a new perfume, other gifts were shirts,dresses,perfumes and soaps.

Zdravko's wife was truly happy at this, and she thanked everyone,then all of them ate food,and after a few hours of happiness, the night came and the guests went away,zdravko and zdravko's wife, tired,went to sleep,the next morning zdravko made coffee for his wife.

After a few months,zdravko was relaxing in his home,when suddenly his phone rang, he was startled, but he picked up the phone said "who is this?" The other voice was that of jovan "come quickly to the hospital, a family had a car accident and we need a surgeon" zdravko put down the phone and quickly went to the hospital.

after 5 minutes he was operating on a mother of the 2 children, the children were fine but the father was in critical condition and another surgeon was operating him, but the mother was in an even worse condition,she was near death,but yet somehow zdravko managed to save her.

he was getting a part of iron that was stuck in the mother's body, using a scalpel he managed to nearly get the iron out,while nearly cutting out the iron,the scalpel got stuck , but with a quick motion of his right hand zdravko managed to get, the iron cut off from the spleen, but as he cut off the last part of the spleen, his right hand slipped and cut into his own left arm, he quickly pulled himself back so that his blood does not fall into the blood of the mother,this type of situation never happened to zdravko before, and as he grabbed his right hand the surgeon who operated on the father quickly came into the room and managed to help the doctors stitch the woman up,zdravko was sitting on the chair.

The surgeon which came to the operating room looked at zdravko,with wide eyes,the surgeon was breathing heavily,"are you okay?" He asked

Zdravko didn't reply, he just looked around, then zdravko said "everyone survived?" The surgeon nodded,zdravko then went home.

Zdravko arrived home, he loves his family,then he went to bed.

The next day he woke up,his wife also woke up they said good morning to each other, then they both went downstairs, zdravko sat on the couch and stared at the ceiling, while his wife went preparing the breakfast

"How did surgery go last night?" Zdravko's wife's voice rang out across the kitchen,zdravko heard her clearly, her voice penetrating his skin, " the surgery went fine" zdravko said, he then went towards the kitchen while his wife was still making breakfast,he sat on the chair , both arms on the table,one hand under his chin, "so how did you sleep last night?" Zdravko said, "I slept good, the baby cried a little yesterday, he pooped his diapers!" Zdravko's wife said with a chuckle, that made zdravko laugh.

Zdravko's wife finished making breakfast for both of them, she laid out the plates on the table, both plates had 2 pancakes and 3 eggs, "sweet" zdravko said, while grabbing a fork and stabbing the first pancake, "I hope you like the breafast" Said zdravko's wife, "you know I always like your cooking" zdravko said while looking at his wife, his mouth already full of pancakes,that made zdravko's wife smile, "do you want some juice?" Said zdravko's wife, zdravko looked at her "i can go get the juice, do you want to drink juice too?" Zdravko said while looking at his wife, "juice would be nice" his wife said,zdravko got up, opened the fridge,and took out orange juice, then he took out two glass cups and placed them on the table, he poured the orange juice in both cups "drink up!" Zdravko said smiling.

Zdravko's wife was cutting her food, when she said "so how long are you going to keep working until pension?" Zdravko replied "probably 10 to 20 years, why are you asking?" Zdravko's wife replied " I want to spend more time with you" zdravko said " do you want to have a picnic?" Zdravko's wife nearly jumped out of her chair at this, she was smiling wide "when could we have one?" She said, "soon" zdravko said "we will bring our son with us, who should we also call?" Zdravko said, "my parents,your parents, and a friend?" Zdravko's wife said, "sounds nice" zdravko replied, zdravko ate the whole breakfast, then zdravko said "so what should we bring on the picnic?" Zdravko's wife replied "we should bring fruits and vegetables, maybe some beef meat? I think some sweets or candy would be nice to bring".

Zdravko said to his wife "how much sweets should we bring to the picnic?" Zdravko's wife replied "how about 500 grams of something chocolate? Some ice cream and some candy bars?" Zdravko replied " nice , should we bring 15 apples and 15 oranges?" Zdravko's wife replied "and a lot of tomatoes and cucumbers! We should also bring potatoes to the picnic" zdravko said to his wife "we should cook the potatoes and meat in the picnic, where do you think we should put the picnic? On the first place we kissed?" Zdravko's wife smiled at this zdravko's wife then said "you know that would make happy" Zdravko's wife then kissed zdravko.

Zdravko while smiling said "so how long are you going to be taking care of our son? When are you going to do the job?" Zdravko's wife replied "well another 8 months would be okay,then after that you are going to have to take care of our son" zdravko replied "sounds nice" Zdravko's wife then ate her food, she then picked up both of their plates and put them in the sink,she was about to wash them until zdravko got to the sink and started washing the plates "I can wash them, go relax and drink some juice" zdravko said while smiling.

His wife had a smile on her face, then she calmly walked to the table,sat down, and started drinking the orange juice while looking outside through the window,zdravko quickly cleaned the two plates, he also cleaned some plates which were dirty, he then sat down on the table and started drinking orange juice, while his wife was pouring herself a second glass of orange juice.

Zdravko drank his glass of orange juice, he put the glass on the table and said to his wife "do you want to clean the house together?" Zdravko's wife was smiling, she drank her second glass of orange juice "cleaning the house together? Quite the romantic gesture!" She teased zdravko a little, then she said "honestly I would love to clean the house with you, the cleaning is going to be so easy!" Zdravko said "Well when can we start cleaning? Right now?" Zdravko's wife replied "right after I drink another glass of orange juice!" Zdravko was smiling, and after his wife poured orange juice in her glass cup, zdravko poured some orange juice so he could drink, zdravko drank 3 glass cups of orange juice, and his wife also drank 3 glass cups of orange juice "Well let's start cleaning the house" Zdravko said,he would then take both glass cups and clean them, and then he would put the orange juice in the fridge, and then zdravko and his wife started cleaning the house together

After the cleaning of the house , many days passed, zdravko did many operations,and their child grew,the name of zdravko's child Is bojan, and his first word was "father".

Bojan at the age of 1 already started walking, and by the age of 2 started speaking a bit more clearer, at the age 5 bojan can speak full sentences.

During that time zdravko did a lot,he helped 20 hospitals with medical supplies and medical inspection.

Zdravko's deeds appeared in a newspaper, detailing his actions which helped many hospitals.

"How long are you going to continue this?" Jovan said,the administrative room was foggy due to jovan's cigarette addiction that he picked up during his work at the hospital.

"Continue helping hospitals? As long as I work as a surgeon" zdravko replied,he coughed a little because of the smoke.

"I see" Said jovan,he sat on his chair, then he looked at zdravko "how is bojan?" He asked.

"Bojan is doing well,he is starting to learn to read and write" zdravko said.

"So, there is an operation starting next week, you need to help a patient in regards to his kidney stone, can you help him?" Jovan said,with a questioning look.

"I can help him" zdravko said.

The operation went smooth, and zdravko was applauded for his work,many surgeries were successful, zdravko sometimes even helped starting surgeons with surgery, all was going well, his wife started to work.

Until one day, zdravko recieved a phone call "there was an accident, your wife and son were in a car crash" the words stabbed zdravko, and he rushed to the hospital where his wife and son were.

"I'm sorry" the surgeon said as he pulled off his gloves "your wife and son didn't survive the car crash" the words felt like a waterfall of fire on zdravko, delivering pain after pain, the nausea made zdravko sit on a chair and cry, his tears helped mend the fire that was going on him, the fire was long enduring, and zdravko produced many tears, zdravko wept.

A funeral procession was held for his son bojan and his wife jelena, when everyone exited the graveyard, he was the only man standing there,the rain poured on him,making zdravko wet, the only thing zdravko Did was stare at the two graves.

The nights following the funeral zdravko felt were like he was going upstairs while water was raining from above, having to constantly move up so that he doesn't drown in the waters from below.

Each step on the side walk felt like the cobblestone below was stabbing his feet,and yet he wore shoes.

He watched cars go like lightning across the street, the street lamp shining upon zdravko while darkness was around him, putting a stage light on him, zdravko had two choices,and yet as he was contemplating, he remembered, he remembered all the people that he did the surgical operations,the hospitals he helped, those memories,those actions,and those feelings came upon him like water, a river of memory.

Zdravko looked up from the ground,and with a smile on his face, he returned home to continue his work as a surgeon.

The next day zdravko as zdravko was coming to work a family had a car accident, a man his wife and their child were in critical condition, zdravko came into the operating room, and quickly managed to save all three people from death.


Everyone congratulated zdravko on such a hard operation, but zdravko felt unusual, he went out off the operating room and kneeled down on the floor, he took off the glove on his right arm and found that the tip of his pinkie finger had become damaged, he quickly went to another doctor,a doctor named Marinko, he managed to bandage zdravko's pinkie finger but told him "the top of your pinkie finger is permanently damaged, I recommend cutting the tip off"

This was shocking news to zdravko, zdravko was in disbelief, there is no way thar the tip of his pinkie finger became damaged during surgery,he did not cut himself or break his finger! Doctor Marinko could not find the cause of how the finger was damaged, and neither could zdravko, the only explanation was that zdravko had acquired a power to save people, but at expense of himself.

Zdravko went home, and was startled by such a discovery, but at the same time comforted, he could save people from death, save people from suffering similar to his, and for that, he was grateful.

The next day zdravko got the tip of his finger cut off, and managed to save a girl from cancer,but his small pinkie toe became damaged so he had to cut off the part of the pinkie toe.

This went on and on for many years, until finally after 4 years,zdravko was walking the cobblestone city he lived in, the snow filled streets were lightened up by the yellow lamps, zdravko was walking down the streets, he dragged his legs with each step, he remembered the first day he met his wife jelena, their time under a star filled sky, sitting underneath a tree, looking at the beauty of the stars and the comets flying by, he remembered how both of them smiled at that moment, he remembers their first kiss, in the middle of the day the sun was shinning on them, they walked in the park, holding each others hands, when at once zdravko said to jelena "I love you" and jelena replied "I love you too" that was the day zdravko confessed his love for jelena.

He remembers the first dog he had with jelena, a black and brown border collie, they used to play football using a yellow ball with the border collie, which they named ljubisha, he took many pictures with them, and had printed those pictures in a book, like he did to so many other pictures, their dog was hit by a car 3 weeks after getting him, the dog did not survive.

As zdravko dragged his feet on the cold pavement floor, he looked at the snow,and he smiled he remembered his first winter with jelena as boyfriend and girlfriend, they were at the Central Park, where the local administration put up various dolls, stone figures and lights, many people were photographing the decorations, he was leading jelena towards the very center of the park,where a giant heart was put up, which was meant for lovers who were celebrating Christmas together, he kissed jelena and jokingly said to her "will you marry me?" To which jelena said "yes" while laughing, they kissed at that park.

4 years after that event, zdravko proposed at the very same park on the very same day where they spent their first winter together, December 12th.

As zdravko dragged his feet, the pain was strong, but yet he continued on,he was walking one last time to the hospital to try and save one last patient.

Zdravko's ribcage was protruding out of his skin, he could not raise his right foot, so he dragged his right leg, while painfully stomping with his left,still,he continued on towards the hospital, he pushed through the pain just so he could save one more patient.

Zdravko remembered their first honeymoon, zdravko and jelena were travelling and staying at a hotel, they were about to sleep until rowdy teens started throwing a party outside their hotel, the party lasted an hour before the police arrived and stopped the party.

Zdravko was smiling through the pain at that memory, he remembered that time they were at a swimming pool,he was holding her in embrace, when suddenly someone pushed them, when they resurfaced back to the surface of the water,they found out that zdravko's grandpa pushed them into the swimming pool,and they all laughed, when zdravko and jelena were relaxing on a vacation,zdravko saw jelena about to lay down for a tan, then suddenly he pushed her into the swimming pool.

Jelena was furious at zdravko,while zdravko was laughing jelena grabbed his leg and pulled him towards the water,when zdravko was wet and frowning she laughed loudly,then zdravko smiled at seeing her happiness and kissed her.

Zdravko fell on the pavement, he was in pain, but yet he got up and continued walking.

Zdravko Saw a toy store,he remembered the first toy he bought for jelena, a white bear, she was so happy when he bought that bear that she jumped into zdravko's arms and hugged him.

That white bear is still at zdravko's house.

Zdravko continued walking, he remembered how he and jelena used to go on long walks on the beach, in many parks, on the streets, in nature,he remembers her laughter, her laughter was like a soothing melody to him, when she was laughing, he was laughing too.

Zdravko remembers how his wife greeted him after his first surgical operation, she hugged him,asked him how did the operation go,he said "the operation went fine" and surprised him pleasantly that day, she said to him "I am pregnant" this made him burst out laughing and smiling, he tightly hugged his wife, his wife then said "Let me show you something" and grabbed his hand and went towards the kitchen,in the kitchen was cooked food, and that day started the tradition of jelena cooking something new every time zdravko came home.

He remembers his son's first word was dad, he remembers how he used hold his son's arms when his son first started walking, his son's little stumble and how his son always quickly crawled for him whenever his son saw him.

He remembers his son's first friend,Cindy, a gir his son used to play with, zdravko's son met Cindy when he was 5 years old, and they had an enduring friendship that lasted many years until the car accident.

He remembers his son's first day at school, zdravko drove his son to the school.

Zdravko passed by a shop and saw ice cream, Zdravko remembered many things about his son, like that one time at 7 years old his son developed an obsession for strawberry ice cream,nearly every day for a month his son would eat ice cream,at the end of the month zdravko stopped buying ice cream for his son, his son cried alot but after a week, his son stopped crying.

Strawberry was also jelena's favourite ice cream, although she was less obsessed with the ice cream than their son.

Zdravko remembered when he was 15 years old when he bought ice cream for the first time for jelena during the summer, the she looked at him lovingly,they talked about many things on that day, they laughed, they smiled, and most importantly, when zdravko told jelena he wanted to be a surgeon, she supported him.

Jelena supported zdravko for many years, just as zdravko bought many gifts for jelena, so too did jelena buy many gifts for zdravko,her first gift to zdravko was when zdravko was 16 years old, jelena bought zdravko a brown Teddy bear, that bear is at zdravko's house.

Zdravko remembered when his son hurt himself for the very first time when he was 5 years old, zdravko's son broke his arm, zdravko rushed him to the hospital.

When zdravko arrived home to his wife, jelena's grandmother drew landscape on his zdravko's son's arm,zdravko also bought strawberry ice cream for his son and many sweets to try and brighten his son's day.

Passing by the street cars made zdravko remembered the first time he was at a carnival with jelena,they at different types of candy, and were playing with toy cars hitting each other.

Zdravko also brought his son to the carnival, playing with him on the cars, at first his son bojan chose zdravko to drive the car and to hit jelena, then on the next time the carnival happened, bojan chose jelena to hit zdravko's car.

Each carnival was fun for both zdravko,bojan,and jelena.

Zdravko walked the cold streets, he was even more in pain than before but still he continued to walk the streets, he was a poster for vacation on the beach,and was reminded the first time he went to the beach with jelena.

She wore a red bikini, while zdravko wore a dark blue swimwear, they were on the beach from sunrise to sunfall, and that beach vacation lasted two weeks.

Zdravko also got reminded off the first time he brought his son go the beach, bojan was making sand castles until he spotted a crab, bojan curiously and happily walked towards the crab trying to pet the crab, when zdravko saw this he ran towards bojan, and just when the crab was about to pinch bojan, zdravko saved his son and explained to bojan why crabs are dangerous and why he should not be touching them, while bojan was crying loudly.

Zdravko is grateful that he met his wife, grateful that he had a son he loved, grateful for the happiness he experienced, zdravko is grateful for All the happy moments and memories he had with jelena, and his son bojan.

Zdravko is also grateful that after the death of his wife and son that he could save other people,that he could help other people so that they may not suffer like he did, a warm smile appeared on zdravko's face, warming his cold damaged body.

Zdravko had the ability to save other people, but each time he saved someone a part of his body would become damaged, zdravko is happy that he could save someone's son,someone's wife,and someone's husband, zdravko is happy that he is able to save people even at the expense of himself.

Seeing other people smile and be happy that their family members,friends,lovers,sons,and daughters are alive,made zdravko happy too,and even though he suffered, he did not make other people suffer.

Zdravko's left arm is barely usable, his face is hollowed out, many of his organs are near failure, and he looked like a skeleton,he was breathing heavily, nearly hyperventilating, he was dragging himself, then he saw a street sign which said that the hospital was 5 street blocks away,this fired up zdravko and he nearly started running, zdravko felt excitement that he will save one more person, but as he ran, he started slowing down, he could not move anymore, his steps become slower, painful, and each step was slower, but still he walked two more street blocks until he fell down.

Zdravko died,his body was discovered during the morning.

Zdravko's mother and father picked up zdravko's body from the hospital, after a few months zdravko was buried during the summer, thousands of people came to lay flowers on zdravko's grave,zdravko was buried next to his son and wife, on his grave was written "zdravko, age 40 years old, a beloved father,husband,son,friend and surgeon".

Because of zdravko's efforts to save many people, the thousands of people that came to zdravko's funeral were majority patients who he saved before the car accident and after the car accident, hospitals across the nation put zdravko's picture on their main wall, a statue was built in the city where zdravko lived,and many flowers were placed on the statue.

During zdravko's funeral many people came to speak, one of which was a brown haired girl who said "my name is Melissa Jackson, a decade ago doctor zdravko trnoljubic performed a surgery when I was a little which saved my life, since that day I was motivated to become a surgeon,and today I graduated and became a surgeon" mellisa started crying and then the next man showed up and said in a shaky voice.

"My name is Simon Henderson, 5 years ago when me and my son both needed to go on a surgery so that we both could live, but at the time I only had money enough for one operation, upon hearing this doctor zdravko personally payed for both of our operations and saved us both, I am grateful for what doctor zdravko did to us" Simon then finished speaking, and a brown haired girl started speaking

"My name is Vanessa Haroldson, and after the car accident that doctor zdravko had, I had cancer, and doctor zdravko helped me, for that I am grateful to him" Vanessa started crying "without doctor zdravko my parents would have been sad, I remember the time doctor zdravko used to buy candy for me after the surgery, he was a really nice man" the girl started crying loudly.

A blonde haired skinny man appeared, and started speaking.

"My name is William McCartney, zdravko trnoljubic was my childhood friend since we were 7 years old, he helped me many, many times in my life, whenever I was short on money zdravko would always help me out financially,when we were 13 years old my labrador dog ran on street chasing a ball a car nearly hit him but zdravko saved my dog, but zdravko got hit and was bleeding,my parents rushed helped to get him to the hospital and he had to be operated on multiple places,and yet throughout the whole zdravko seemed happy that he saved my dog, zdravko looked like he easily pushed through the pain, but he screamed a few times because of the pain."

William McCartney rested a moment, tears were appearing on his eyes, his lips were quivering, he said.

"for a long time, I was suffering from depression, since I was 12 years old, at 20 years old I tried suicide, but zdravko saved me and said many words which helped me a lot,the next day I met a kind woman which became my wife 3 years later, during those three years, my happiness outgrew my depression, and I had a happy life, my girlfriend supported me many times when I was feeling depressed or sad, and my friend zdravko helped me find a job, when I was 23 years old I married my girlfriend, and zdravko was there with his wife"

William breathed heavily,trying to speak more before crying.

"After 7 years of marriage me and my wife had a baby girl, named valentina, zdravko's son bojan played with our daughter quite a lot over the years, until the car accident"

William whimpered, he was barely holding his tears.

"After the car accident zdravko looked worse and worse throughout the years, I tried helping him somehow,and the only way I could help him was by buying food for him and helping him out financially, after I heard he died I sat on my bed and cried for hours" William started loudly crying.

Zdravko's father, ljubomir trnoljubic started speaking.

"I am the father of zdravko trnoljubic, my name is ljubomir trnoljubic, my son was as all of you know a surgeon, but he was much more than that, he was a husband, a dear son, and a beloved friend who tried helping out as many people as possible, throughout the years every time I heard he helped someone, I smiled and felt happy, I felt happy that my son was a kind hearted man who always helped out people, regardless of how hard the situation was, after I heard about the car accident ,I wept for a long time, when I saw that my son was getting worse and worse throughout the years, I tried to see if there was any way to help him, for him to survive and continue helping as many people as possible, but what zdravko had was not a disease, he had kindness for other people, kindness which helped him save as many people as possible,I am grateful and happy that my son could have such a positive effect on the world"

Zdravko's father started crying,zdravko's mother also started crying.

The father of jelena started speaking.

"My name is jovan jovanovich, and my daughter was the wife of the man who helped save thousands of people, she was the woman who always helped him out whenever there was a problem, the love of his life, and the mother of zdravko's child, they met each other when they were 7 years old, and had a enduring relationship for many years, until one day zdravko confessed his love of jelena, many years after that they got married and had a kind child, we spent a lot of time with them, and had many happy cherished memories, I am proud and happy that my daughter married such a kind man who liked helping other people, I hope all of you have happy nice lives"

After jovan jovanovich spoke, many other people started speaking, saying how doctor zdravko helped them.

Then jovan lepovic came to speak

"My name is jovan lepovic, I am the administrator for the hospital in which he doctor zdravko trnoljubic worked at, I have worked with zdravko trnoljubic for many years, and I can say he is the best man I have ever worked with, the sheer number of kind actions he has done is large, I remember the time I used to visit his family, I used to play football with him and his son, the car accident was brutal, I tried helping him as best as I could, when I saw him deteriorating and when I learned about what he was doing, I understood him, and I hoped he could save as many lives as he could,when he died I was so shocked that I stopped smoking cigarettes, and ever since that day I worked more harder than ever before, I am happy with what zdravko has done,I hope he can rest in peace"

Many people cried during the various speeches of people zdravko knew and saved, After jovan spoke many other people continued speaking about the deeds of zdravko trnoljubic, these speeches went on for many hours until rain started to fall, the rain was so hard and so quick that vast majority of people went to gather umbrella's, except for zdravko's family,and the family of jelena stayed in the funeral, jovan lepovic,William McCartney,mellisa Jackson,Simon henderson,Vanessa haroldson stayed in the funeral, dozens of other people also stayed, enduring the harsh rain.

Many people returned to the funeral with umbrelas and After a hour of raining,the sky started clearing up, in the air there was a feeling of serenity, people were still crying, but in the air many felt peace, many people hoped that zdravko was in a happier place.

Birds were flying across the sky, 3 white birds flew across the sky, and jelena's father watched them,then suddenly someone pointed at the sky and said "look! Look at that cloud" and everyone turned their heads and saw rays of sun going through a cloud that looked like a man and a woman holding the hand of a child.






© 2024 Alovingwriter


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Alovingwriter
Any type of criticism which would help me would be helpful,for example if I need to work on grammar.
Also please tell me if you liked the story and what do you think of the story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on April 28, 2024
Last Updated on May 1, 2024
Tags: Creative writing, health, hospital, love, romance, short story

Author

Alovingwriter
Alovingwriter

MO



About
I am a young writer more..