(_)

(_)

A Story by Alycia M.
"

?

"
Walking down the hall, with you by my side. Holding your hand as if it was a part of me. listening to every word you say as if it is the most important thing. and it is. Looking ahead at the faces of people waving, smiling back but not taking my attention away from your voice. Your voice starts fading, but I don't take notice. Just feeling your fingers hug mine is enough to make me high. 
You say something and I agree, not know what I have agreed to. I don't notice we have left the school hall and are now by a tree. I hear you tell me to look at the tree, I look. this tree is beautiful, all shades of green, different shapes of leaves, the breeze pushing them together making a soothing sound. The sun is towards the end of its setting, creating a warm glow around the tree. I realize that the day had begun and ended in just a few hours. I look up at you, you look in my direction your face, once so young and youthful, is now older and hairier. I look around, we are at the same tree. Only the tree is bigger and all different shades of orange and red. 
I ask where are we. You reply on vacation from college.Memories of our past run through my brain. Freshman year of high school, sadies,  prom. A smile appears on my face. You notice and lean in to kiss me. I close my eyes waiting, you kiss me. When I open my eyes again many of our friends and family clap behind us. We are out of college now. You look older, feel older, but your smile is just the same. We walk outside and the sun makes my ring shimmer. You grab me in your arms and hug me. I'm so happy. Holding my hand, we walking into our room and we celebrate our new jewelry. I wake up to you tightening your grip on my hand. I look at you. You have aged a bit. Wrinkles here and there, white here and there. But your eyes have not changed their look of love and adoration. We get dressed and ready for our son's important day. Him and her are beautiful next to each other. You grasp my hand as tears fall when they kiss. 
We both clap along with the rest of their families. I use tissue to wipe my eyes. We are in a room now. Our son and I are by your side. Both of us are holding your hands. Apparently to much love and caring attacked your heart. Tears are falling. I say everything will be alright, but you have already accepted the near future.  we talk about our past, but you mostly rest. I close my eyes to think, but the only thing I could think to say is that you were a great man. Our son and I are outside by the tree. The tree is leafless and branchy, but still alive. Everyone came. We all are crying. Mostly me because my hand is empty. We say our goodbyes. You are put down and covered to keep you warm.
I am home now. Feeling rather empty. I look through your things on the desk. I see a folded piece of paper with my name on it. I  pick it up, and lay on your side of the bed. When I open the note I start to cry. Not from sadness but from happiness. I fall asleep with your words running through my brain. I dream of you and me by the tree, this tree is huge and full. Shades of green and yellow. We are holding hands. You look at me and smile,and repeat the words you wrote, 
"I will always hold your hand"

© 2012 Alycia M.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
Added on January 14, 2012
Last Updated on February 3, 2012

Author

Alycia M.
Alycia M.

Clovis, CA



About
I am currently 17 until the 29 of December. I love all types of music except the rap I don't understand. Reading is a favorite hobby of mine. Anything else? OH YEA and please leave me comments abo.. more..

Writing
Mother Mother

A Poem by Alycia M.


To the... To the...

A Poem by Alycia M.


Alone Alone

A Poem by Alycia M.