Yes and you came down there

Yes and you came down there

A Story by AlyssaBC
"

This is a piece that I wrote for a class. The only two requirements were it had to be one page and begin and end with the sentence, "Yes and then you came down there".

"

            Yes, and then you came down there to the tree in the meadow. It was a meadow full of dried bones. From a battle long ago and long forgotten. They laid on the land, scaring to the sight and dead to the world around them. From the time of war that would determine who got what or who got whom. It was a terrible time, just as terrible as the pain that I feel in my heart with every visit back to the meadow. Tis was a distant memory that some day’s that I relive in horror. So many lives lost on the account of a simple disagreement. Who was to rule the land with a pure heart that was just and true.

Then I was only a ten year old boy who could barely take up the sword, though my heart was full of valor and might. Wanting to go into battle with my father who too, was strong in both mind and soul. He could’ve been a great king for all that he believed in, but instead died on the field in which I stand in. Seeing the sword come to his chest and not being able to help, a nightmare. The land now is a land of peace with myself being a king, but even I cannot seem to not be the ruler of my heart as I am of my own land. It is as broken as the land being plowed for seed, but as dry as a salt bed in the dessert. Every visit bringing life at a standstill for grief and remembrance; but today is different.

Instead of looking to the meadow of dry bones I look to the tree that sat amidst the dead. The mighty oak stood tall for all to see. It’s a wonder why I hadn’t noticed it before for it has always been there. Maybe it’s because the sun is hitting it just right to pass through the leaves, or maybe, it’s the bird that I notice sitting at the top. Nothing extrounary happened but something had shifted. No tears would come from the grief, for there was no grief to grieve. Now the meadow of bones that laid on the ground was a field of flowers. Turning around, I head back to the kingdom that needed my leadership with no longer a broken heart but a fountain of peace. I didn’t see the boy that was sitting in the tree, who was watching me. Waiting to see day after day that I would return with grief. A smile came to his face and longer waited once the meadow turned to flowers. He too went but the tree still stood there in the meadow now of life. Yes, and then you did came down there.

© 2015 AlyssaBC


Author's Note

AlyssaBC
How does it flow? Any recommended changes?
Also sorry for any grammar errors. I'm having to work on that a bit.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on August 22, 2015
Last Updated on August 22, 2015
Tags: regligon, revelation, greif, depression, loss, change of mind, God, life

Author

AlyssaBC
AlyssaBC

Bellingham, WA



About
Hey there! Long have I've enjoyed the art of story telling and creating worlds through words. It wasn't until a life changing trip at the beginning of 2015, that I would discover it as a passion of mi.. more..

Writing
Stormy Seas Stormy Seas

A Story by AlyssaBC