Hello and Goodbye

Hello and Goodbye

A Story by Amad3us
"

A short story that shows how I feel about friendships and relationships. I wrote this during a bad time in my life, that always lingers in the back of my mind.

"
I’m just really letting my mind go crazy. Thinking about everything happening. It makes me learn a lot about myself. Like how it’s hard for me to say goodbye to someone. It’s almost like if I do, I’ll never see them again. I guess that’s what’s so scary about goodbyes. It might be the last one you hear from someone you see as special. Be it through hardship, time, or for the better of you. Heh. Look at me. Rambling about goodbyes to nobody. It’s scary. I guess I just have something wrong with me. Then again, who doesn’t? We’re all just human. Nobody is perfect. So why am I so scared of saying goodbye to people? When I think of goodbyes, I don’t think of it as the end of the conversation. I see it as the end of everything. Again, look at me. I can’t even talk to another person without saying something wrong. Or just coming off as a lost cause. Maybe that’s why I’m scared to even say hello in the first place. Because in the end, I have to say goodbye. And I know I’ll never see that one again. They move on with their lives. They live to be happy and free. They forget me. I mean, nobody enjoys being forgotten. But I feel like that’s natural for me. A hello. A thought. A goodbye. Then nothing. Thinking about it, that’s kind of what’s happening right now. With everything here. With you. We passed the Hello. I’ve given my thoughts and so have you. Soon, it’ll be goodbye. Then, nothing. You’ll go on and live your life. So will everyone else. And I’ll be here. Still living with that goodbye, like time never passed between us. It’s okay. I’m used to this. I’m not scared. I’m not sad. I can’t be happy about it. But at least I can say that I’ll be okay. I feel honored to have been your choice of sharing ideas. I am proud to have come this far. I know that after this, you’ll forget one day and move forward. But thank you. Thank you for listening. And thank you for sharing.

Goodbye.

© 2018 Amad3us


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
Hehe...yess! It's a natural truth of the universe....that a goodbye...might never be a good bye to the wisher!!
I enjoyed your writing...thanks for sharing😊

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
1 Review
Added on May 9, 2018
Last Updated on May 9, 2018
Tags: Drama, short story, philosophy

Author

Amad3us
Amad3us

Anderson, CA



About
Just a writer from nowhere. more..