OBSERVER'S INSIGHT in Flash/Supergirl Crossover Episode

OBSERVER'S INSIGHT in Flash/Supergirl Crossover Episode

A Story by Marie R. Turtlback
"

This is my insight into the Flash/Supergirl crossover episode, which premiered this past Monday.

"
 When I first heard about the Flash/Supergirl crossover episode I was ecstatic. Unfortunately, after seeing the promo I was disappointed to see that they were going to use the Flash's 'multiverse' theme. However, after watching the episode I can see how well this worked out without diverting from both Kara’s storyline and staying true to the Flash’s storyline.
   The episode starts with Kara seeking favor from the citizens of National City, weeks after her Red Kryptonite incident. Unfortunately, no matter how many good deeds she does, she still doesn’t have the public’s trust and is feeling down on herself; reflecting on  how her one mistake has taken away all the good she’s done for the city. However, there’s no time for Kara to feel sorry for herself, as Shiobhan has returned to CatCo with revenge on her mind( added that she just found out through a mutual acquaintance that she possesses the spirit of a Banshee that was placed upon her family by an Irish curse). As Kara is blindsided and falling to her impeding doom; who should save her, but the Scarlet Speedster himself; The Flash.  Barry introduces himself straight off the bat, realizing that in his quest to become faster then Zoom he’s wound up on another Earth. Barry and Kara’s dynamic personalities work well in their brief partnership together, much to the err of James Olsen; especially since Shiobhan has freed Livewire to help her to get rid of both Kara and Cat Grant respectively. The first round between the ‘World’s Finest’ and the villians doesn’t go so well, especially since Barry who has been a superhero longer then Supergirl, winds up making a ‘rookie’ mistake. Despite that mishap, Barry’s ingenius mind comes up with a way for Supergirl and himself to counter Silver Banshee’s scream, which will help seeing as how Cat Grant’s been captured. During the fight, Barry’s invention works, though the Flash get blown away and leaves the stage open for Supergirl; who stands in the line of Livewire’s attack to save the people in a  helicopter, thereby earning the trust and favor of the citizens. Although Supergirl doesn’t exactly save the day(the firefighters used their hose to cause Livewire to overload); she gets back the trust of the people once again. Once everything is back to status quo and Barry leaves for his own Earth, Kara and James finally kiss. However when she wants a response from James he walks out of the apartment, where soon Kara witnesses through her window that everyone in National City is flocking to who knows where.
      Though this episode had some great moments, I’m not ashamed to say that for some ‘Flash Fans’ it may look like Flash was mostly on the sidelines for this episode, however I looked at this episode with a different perspective. Barry was Kara’s morale compass in this episode; whenever Kara was really down on herself she could always rely on her sister or Jonn to help her get through those times, but since they are on the run Kara has no one to relay her problems to; that’s why Barry’s presence was necessary. It gave Kara the insight she needed to not only win the favor of National City, but to also gain the reassurance that she wasn’t the only one who has dealt with these kind of consequences for their actions. This crossover episode showed more of how Kara is growing into her own, by gain some experience from her short time with Barry; she’s learning that with time and patience things will work out in the end.

      This is OBSERVER’S INSIGHT, until next time
   

© 2016 Marie R. Turtlback


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on April 1, 2016
Last Updated on April 1, 2016
Tags: Flash, Supergirl, crossover

Author

Marie R. Turtlback
Marie R. Turtlback

Bel Air, MD



About
I want to try to be a freelance writer, also I would like to get some feedback on the stories I am writing. I want to try to improve on things I write about. more..

Writing