Left With

Left With

A Poem by AmberLeigh

All I'm left with is
Confusion. Anger. Pain.
Nothing.
 
I don't know
Who I truly am.
Confusion.
 
You yell and curse at me;
Make me feel worthless.
Anger.
 
You say I was a mistake.
You never cared or loved me.
Pain.
 
You stripped me down;
Took everything, left me
Nothing.

© 2009 AmberLeigh


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

AmberLeigh, I definitely would like to thank you for your writing. It is relateable. A lot of writers struggle with that. You are forthright and honest and genuine. Good poets are scarce here in NE, so it is nice to see you on Writer's Cafe sending out excellent material. Thanks a lot!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Another good one Am...
You have some Emily Dickinson in you. I don't know if you liked her work or not but please consider a compliment as I intend for it to be so.
I sense sadness in you and this poem could be taken in so many different ways. I see this as a depressed teenager or maybe a young adult looking back on her childhood. It could also be a discarded lover talking about a divorce or a relationship gone sour.
CCl

Posted 15 Years Ago


Another powerful writing.. if this is all caused by your father.. then I feel terribly for you. If he has an alcohol issue think of it as the alcohol speaking and not him.. get therapy (it's your choice).. I also had a mother who drank for almost 10 years who was never there.. I had to raise my sister and brother and made lots of mistakes on the way.. I was very angry as a teen but did finally go to speak to someone.. I feel much better today.. knowing that I hated a circumstance.. I forgave my mom and we now get along beautiful.. she has apologized and tells me she loves me.. I waited many years for that.. but I do feel much better!!! Smile and keep your head up.. all people are beautiful and worthy of love!!! You will be stronger than most people when you get older.. you have to believe it!!! =)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 13, 2009

Author

AmberLeigh
AmberLeigh

NE



About
I'm 19 and have been writing since I was in elementry school. I can come off as quiet and reserved, but once you get to know me you'll see that I can be the exact opposite. more..

Writing
Why? Why?

A Poem by AmberLeigh



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..