Food for Thought

Food for Thought

A Poem by AmericanStandard

 

I look at the world thru partly closed eyes,
Feeling the warm glow of sunshine as I climb from the depths of my slumber.
Seeing how life surrounds me with the force of temptation and the hunger growing as I look up towards the apple tree.
I reach towards my fate and pluck it from the branch and begin to feast heavily on the sorrow of others.
Hearing the booming voice of a creator I no longer remember,
I discard it as conscience for which I no longer have a use for. 
Eating my fill of the fleshy red doom, I lie under its shade to pass eternity away. 
From above I catch a glimpse of flashing light and my rest is disturbed by the burning that was my peace. 
Eyes open wide, I run for my soul knowing now it is lost, as I hurdle the once thriving existence that engulfed me. 
Coming to a halt behind a wall made of stone tears begin to fall, because I see I am trapped, fore my lack of self worth has lead me to my demise.

© 2008 AmericanStandard


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on December 13, 2008
Last Updated on December 15, 2008

Author

AmericanStandard
AmericanStandard

Austin, TX



About
The real names Jason, I'm 28, and I live in Austin, TX. I've been writing since I was in junior high starting with short skits. Then when I went into high school I moved into the usual rebel thing a.. more..

Writing