Selfish Destination

Selfish Destination

A Story by Zaid Ammari
"

Sometimes we follow things according to our benefits , i'm just explanining that many christians chasing after a destination, however, ''Disciples or true believer'' chasing after a person

"

This is a small idea I’ve been thinking about while I’m in my senior year and I wanted to share it with you beloved ones

we have insecure thoughts, fickle unsettled questions. Unfortunately we answered them with our own paths, the small questions doesn’t matter like when? How? And why? As long it contains us, if we see an advantage in whatever we do, we claim it or let me say we wouldn’t miss a second of losing a little bit from it. We raised “Taking’’ in us, now, we didn’t try to eliminate it but actually we’ve reached the point where it’s taught to the next generations.

Personal benefit, Correct, most of people call it that but I call it reason, you know a prostitute once said ‘’ Ain’t no man asking a women how she is doing unless he wants something’’ and a rich man once said ‘’ Women are not interested in you, they are interested in others things’’ I disagree and I’m not talking about relationships no ma’am no sir, I’m talking about the human nature connected with fellowship, goals and faith.

I will share this story about a kid, very classic scenario, he goes to a camp gets overwhelmed with his emotions and says ‘’ I will follow Jesus Christ till the day I die’’, he’s doing the ten commandments, taking his private time, showing the best image of Christ, not because he wants to satisfy the person but to satisfy the excuse in front of him, the dangerous part is that he is not looking for a person, he is looking for a place.

People won’t mind going to heaven, no one does, and people wish they can reach heaven easily, of course because nobody wants to go to hell that’s common sense, we’ve learned that hell is a bad thing, awful, and heaven is great, amazing, people follow god and do what they got to do just to reach there, they misunderstood the verse in the bible which is the following:

Jesus answered,
“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me (John 14:6)

Read it again! People think Jesus as he saying that he is the way  means he is a road or stairs to heaven which is not, look pretty closely to this ‘’ To The Father’’,  Why do we say Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven? Why didn’t god replace that word?  Because he doesn’t want people to just reach heaven as the ultimate mission, I don’t think our holy god is silly enough to make two places to throw bad or good people in, don’t get me wrong it’s a part of his justice.

Believe it or not, heaven is hell by removing its source, God, heaven is not a place it’s the company of god, it’s the presence of god, in that he is creating a well-space for you to share with him a perfect and flawless living because he is perfect and flawless, some people are living on the term ‘’To Do List’’ which I mentioned , they are thinking it’s the escape from hell, using god is not a good idea, it’s horrible, well both of these kinds are going to hell and they will not enjoy the presence of god.

The Same kid followed god for 4 years, in the first 3 years and a half, every time he committed a sin he would say ‘’ oh my god, I’m going to hell’’ but when he really knew who Christ is, every time he committed sin he would say ‘’ Oh my god, now my lord is sad’’, there is a big difference, a huge one.

I could start with selfishness  it comes out of usage and going after the wrong purpose, however, I never thought I would ask myself this question as a true believer but I should ask myself every once in a while, Why am I following Jesus Christ? Ask yourself why and be clear, it’s for your own good, I would say because he loved me so bad, other people would stand up and laugh saying ‘’ That’s not the perfect answer’’ the perfect answer is because he is the only way to heaven and the only escape from hell , then why did he die for us? If that’s true he would just make heaven, why bother himself and do hell, seeing people burn the same people he died for, we are not looking for Jesus Christ; we are looking for the comfort and happiness, it’s an advantage for us, a big benefit, but then humans thought of how getting heaven, by doing what the lord asks, that’s wrong, it’s for you to love him more and that will make you desire to do his will.

I’m sorry for you if you were worshiping heaven, sorry for the missed years that you worked on to reach heaven, I’m here telling you the truth, it’s not collecting a seat in heaven, it’s not what heaven’s opinion you’re looking for, think ! Christianity is not a bunch of rules to follow; it’s a relationship with a person, who loved you the most,  don’t be sitting there saying that you’re a Christian when you’re looking for the wrong purpose , superficial faith and superficial knowledge are not enough for god, know him more and love him more and you will receive wonders.  

Kill your selfishness, beware don’t get mixed up with things, it might cause you, your own soul, don’t look for your own benefits only, don’t look for things that are just available for you only, Jesus Christ came and forgot about himself for you personally, god is waiting for your love and company, you just have to decide what do you want to worship, after all, it’s up to you!

So, what is your destination?  A Person or A Place? 
 

© 2013 Zaid Ammari


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Zaid Ammari
Ignore grammar problems or vocabs

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on November 21, 2013
Last Updated on November 21, 2013

Author

Zaid Ammari
Zaid Ammari

Amman , Middle East , Jordan



About
Zaid Ammari 18 years old American University of Madaba- Jordan Writing more..

Writing