Lies Along The Broken Path

Lies Along The Broken Path

A Story by Ammietia
"

About a boy who wouldn't let me go.

"

What am I to say? For everything you've done, for everything you haven't. Theres no possible way of a happy ending for the both of us.

You annoy me so much, but at the same time I don't want to hurt you by telling the truth. Please don't take this as me denying "whats meant to be." I don't like you in that way. I would feel this way if it was anyone else.

Everything you say just makes things more complicated. These days I don't want complications. I want to sleep peacefully, I want to live my life smiling. Theres only so much time for me to smile in between tragedies, I don't need any moments wasted.

So please forget. Forgive me for the truths I cannot say. Forgive me for the lies I have said. You might never realize how many lies I've told. I would wish you never to truly know, though I do suspect you have a guess. Shut it away, believe the lies I've told you. They will cause the least amount of pain.

To all have come along this path, I say sorry. I cannot make up for the lies, I can only hope that you never count them all up. I am a coward, but I won't lie to myself. I cannot be with you, and you cannot be with me.

I cannot say that I am sad about this, as much as you would like me to tell that lie as a truth. I've told too many so far, but I cannot stop. My heart was never yours, and your heart was never mine. This is the one truth I will tell before hiding in my shroud of lies.

© 2008 Ammietia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on May 24, 2008
Last Updated on May 30, 2008

Author

Ammietia
Ammietia

Hamilton, Canada



About
I'm a junior who hated English and never really realized how much I enjoyed writing until grade 8. I've finished a novel which is in the editing stage (well, I have to start the editing, I'm a procras.. more..

Writing
Notice Me Notice Me

A Poem by Ammietia