Webs and Webs of Lies

Webs and Webs of Lies

A Story by Ammietia
"

A few questions on lies.

"

If someone were to see webs of lies, would they go insane? I might. Or I might laugh at it all, though that might constitute as insanity.

I think everyone has millions of lies making webs all around them. Theres no escaping them. You might not realize it but theres a web of lies growing around you every moment. Maybe its growing slowly. Maybe it won't do anything. But maybe it will. Maybe its picking up speed and is going to grow big enough to eat you.

My top-concern web of lies is growing. I was content to leave it, let it gather dust. Maybe a wind would blow and tear it from its attachments, ripping it to pieces to a point where its not noticeable, it turns into fragments and pieces, dust and dirt. Of course, maybe a thread or two would be stuck fast, blowing in the wind, but it would be mainly harmless... right?

I wasn't the one that made it bigger. No. It might have been my fault, and I take responsibility for that but it was not my idea in the first place. But again, I probably would have thought of it. Would I have used it? Maybe. Maybe not.

Now the web of lies gets bigger. Not too big. Its okay, under wraps. Not many can see it. Not many will hear of it.

But I must wonder what an average day would look like, if you could see the web of lies connecting one person to another. How many people would be wrapped like a cocoon? How many would have strands hanging of them, and how did they get them that way? How many would have one leading to a grave of another person?

Do the dead shed their webs? Or are they still in effect? Is there any way those webs will fly away?

Can the lies be attached to a paper, or a pop can, or a tree? Can they be attached to the sun or the moon? Can they be attached to something imaginary? Something long gone? Something that never existed in the first place?

Can a web of lies strangle you?

© 2008 Ammietia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

"The book of lies" was an awesome title I thought.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 24, 2008
Last Updated on May 30, 2008

Author

Ammietia
Ammietia

Hamilton, Canada



About
I'm a junior who hated English and never really realized how much I enjoyed writing until grade 8. I've finished a novel which is in the editing stage (well, I have to start the editing, I'm a procras.. more..

Writing
Notice Me Notice Me

A Poem by Ammietia