The Lion and the Deer

The Lion and the Deer

A Story by Ammietia
"

Me trying to make sense of nonsense.

"

One of the books I read described a certain situation so perfectly that I am going to use it here.

You know those situations where your not very much in the wrong, or not at all, but the person your fighting with/is making your life hell/something along those lines seems to get all the sympathy, and your stuck with angry people with pitch forks and torches? Well heres the lion and the deer thing.

If theres a deer and a lion, and the deer is hurt, people automatically think the lion was in the wrong and attacked the deer. But what if the deer was faking it to make the lion be seen in a bad light?

Pretty much what I am saying is that I think its unfair that the person who spills first is always the one who is deemed 'innocent'. The one who cries first is automatically thought to be the deer, and it is assumed that the lion attacked the deer.

But what if the 'lion' didn't do anything? What if the lion didn't want to cause any more trouble by broadcasting it? What if the lion refused to cry? What if all the lions tears were hidden inside?

This has come up in my life so many times. There was maybe one time that I was seen as the deer, and that was to prove the point that Mrs. Park always chose the one who went to her first as the innocent one, even if they were lying outright.

I don't cry where people can see me. I don't run to the nearest teacher or principal or parent when something goes wrong, I try to fix it myself. I don't broadcast things unless needed. This is my downfall it seems. Because I don't try to get others to help me, I am always the lion, even if the deer is beating on me.

But what I don't understand is when people know the deer is putting up a show, they seem so scared to tell others so, to tell the deer that shes not fooling them. But they are more than happy to stare into the mouth of the lion and lie, shout, accuse, hit, insult.

When did the deer become more frightening than the lion?

© 2008 Ammietia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on May 24, 2008
Last Updated on May 30, 2008

Author

Ammietia
Ammietia

Hamilton, Canada



About
I'm a junior who hated English and never really realized how much I enjoyed writing until grade 8. I've finished a novel which is in the editing stage (well, I have to start the editing, I'm a procras.. more..

Writing
Notice Me Notice Me

A Poem by Ammietia