Shades Of Grey

Shades Of Grey

A Story by Ammietia
"

My questions about grey and its many shades

"

"Good and evil are just labels for people who do good and bad things. They forget there are plenty of shades of grey where telling good from evil is a bloody damn difficult thing to achieve."

Everyone says theres shades of grey. People say its a good thing that theres grey in the world. I must wonder though.

Would life be any easier without those shades of grey? Then we could have good and bad and not be confused. We would have love and hate and no confusing feelings. Everything would be laid out quite simply.

Because, isn't what we all wish for many times in our lives is for things to be simple?

Is it really worth it? For everything to be simple, laid out, black and white?

Lets forget that it would be next to impossible for that to happen in real life, since there would be someone who's "bad" thinking "good" thoughts, making them grey. Or put an example in this blank right over here ___ and forget about it for the duration of this post. Create as many blanks as you want and just forget about them if your really set on messing this up.

We all say that life should be simpler. I guess not many have actually thought about how one simple thing could lead to everything being simple, to the point of no grey, only black and white. Given, I hadn't thought about it until just now.

If everything was black and white, would you be happy? I wouldn't. If I was unable to go into grey, then there would be little for me to hold onto. I am all about grey, and I'm sure some of you are all about grey. But then why do we ask for it to be simpler? Maybe we just want it a different shade of grey, but ever think what that would do? We'd get sick of that shade and want a different shade, until everything is black and white.

I wish this like/love/friendship/whatever thing was simpler, but then I think about what it would be black and white. We'd have hate and love, wouldn't it? Or more stronger feelings of those. Dispisery (I know it isn't a word) and... well what Jacobs imprinting probably feels like. That means there wouldn't be friendship because thats part of the grey area between hate and love.

So... maybe I'm missing the whole point. Maybe I've got it dead on. I'm in that grey area right now, which may very well be annoying, but I couldn't live happily without it.

My advice? Embrace the grey, maybe. Though that kind of sounds odd.

© 2008 Ammietia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on May 26, 2008

Author

Ammietia
Ammietia

Hamilton, Canada



About
I'm a junior who hated English and never really realized how much I enjoyed writing until grade 8. I've finished a novel which is in the editing stage (well, I have to start the editing, I'm a procras.. more..

Writing
Notice Me Notice Me

A Poem by Ammietia