Cyclic Events

Cyclic Events

A Poem by Amy

From under the leaf, the larva of the moth feeds upon the weeds. His skin fits loosely allowing room for growth. He prepares for the great event of his life, like so many before him. The neap stage with its powerless influence moves on through the days. It is a wonderous process indeed. Molting several times, defenseless against his pray, he thrives. A continous cycle that is ages old. It fulfills some purpose. As with the moon his life is deliberately balanced. He engages in his truth. Spinning a cocoon, sealing him within the silk, until his time comes. The moon reflects upon the water, revealing its identity. The tide pulls in. Then releases from its grasp. The spring stage summons. A moth fly's free.

© 2010 Amy


Author's Note

Amy
Please provide feedback. I am striving to improve and will accept both positive and negative critiques.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
Added on July 7, 2010
Last Updated on July 9, 2010

Author

Amy
Amy

Rochester, NY



About
I am a female trying to expand my knowledge on writing. I am inspired by nature and the human emotion. I want to take my simplistic expression to a deeper level and would greatly appreciate your criti.. more..

Writing
Rain Boots Rain Boots

A Poem by Amy


Months of Drear Months of Drear

A Poem by Amy