Matt And The Baby

Matt And The Baby

A Story by Ana_Cristina
"

a very confusing love triangle occuring half way through the story makes a couple's life very difficult for them.

"

The sky was a mixture of yellows, reds and oranges, only half the sun was in sight. Matt and I were sat on a large blue and green mat which we had brought alone with us in the picnic basket. The lake in front of us was glistening in the sunlight, with a slight ripple here and there. With one plate in one hand and another in Matt’s, I sat and ate while watching the sun set go down.

Me and Matt had been together for just over 6 months, the longest ever relationship I had ever had, so far we were going strong. I didn’t feel fed up or that I wanted some one else like I normally did with all my other relationships.

The sun had gone now and I was laying on the grass with Matt next to me and my hand on his chest. He was muttering something under his breath, it sounded like my name. "yes...?" I said.

"oh, nothing, it doesn’t matter" he replied. That’s when I first suspected there was something wrong but all of that soon went away. From that point on I had forgotten all about it.

Looking back on it now, I think to myself, how could I have missed such a big part of what has happened?

I was eighteen at the time when me and Matt went out, he was nineteen. He was highly popular with the girls and went out with many of them from the university we all went to. He was known as a ladies man. All the girls he went out with knew it wouldn’t last more than a month or two, but that was just like me, so I thought I would give it a go.

When we started to go out, I just wanted to do everything with him if you know what I mean. It started out fun and fast, but after a while he started to take me on romantic dinners, walks in the park or nights out, just the two of us. I didn’t mind them at all, they were fun and really thoughtful of him. He would meet me after my classes with a rose or a bunch of flowers. All the other girls were jealous. I liked it, they would whisper behind my back and tell Matt I was flirting with other men, which wasn’t true, Matt knew what they were trying to do and just ignored them.

“I went to the shop and had a look at the flats and houses if you think we’re ready” The way Matt said it made me so excited about moving together. Of course, I said yes to moving in with him straight away, not even thinking about how I would pay the rent.

That night I went home to my dorm with my friends and we had a big sleepover for old time’s sake to celebrate the fact I was moving out. I had been with Ruth, Crystal, Sarah, Logan and Ellis for ages since the start of the university, so it was going to be hard not waking up to see them every morning. They all helped me through the bad and the good, and I’ve seen all their bad and good times.

The next morning Matt, Crystal, Ruth, Sarah, Logan and Ellis went through all the flat adverts on the shop window and found a cute three bedroom flat with a large living room and a big dining room kitchen that had a breakfast bar right in the middle. It was the most beautiful place I had ever seen. We called the number on the advert and after a bit of negotiating we finally managed to be one of the people chosen suitable for the place.

Within a week we got a phone call back congratulating us on getting the house. Excited as we were we packed everything we had which took a few days to move into the house. At first it was hard to leave my friends, but I could still see them at university, and we went shopping a lot so we’d be able to see each other then too. They even came over for long chats, dinner and even to sleepover if they didn’t get along with everyone else after a big argument.

After leaving university, me and Matt started doing more things together, this meant leaving out our friends and hardly talking to anyone else. Soon enough, the closeness of our other friends started decreasing until we only had each other as best friends.

TO BE CONTINUED...

© 2010 Ana_Cristina


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i recognise the name matt ana
the title isnt subtle lol
but the stories great,ignoring the spelling mistakes
i think to improve you could add more imagery to create a more interesting story

Posted 13 Years Ago


its good, half mine >=] keep writing, i want to know what happens XD

Posted 13 Years Ago


just read the whole thing (thats on here). its very good Ana, I must say. :)
Contest entry, for definite!! :P Do it! :L
[M]

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good so far.. Despite the MANY spelling mistakes ;)
Would like to see the ending.. Keep it up =D
[M]

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

258 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 27, 2010
Last Updated on May 27, 2010

Author

Ana_Cristina
Ana_Cristina

Peterborough, dogsthorpe, United Kingdom



About
My name is Ana Castelhano, I live in peterborough. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..