Hikure

Hikure

A Story by Anabell Flower
"

To be the strongest he can be that is his dream, to defeat certain someone is his wish, and to make the world where you can live not feeling unloved is his vision, yet sometimes you have to go through the hardest obstacles to obtain your dream. some M/M a

"

 

Chapter 1: Meet Hikure!
He walked silently the streets of his village, hands on his pockets and his head high watching all the open shops. He whistled to himself happily, admiring the lively village that he walked in—yet many girls looked at him oddly, obviously not interested in a kid like him. His name Hikure Kaske. “Heh hopefully today is a good day.” He said to himself as he continued to walk alone. Hikure was extremely popular with the little kids, always making them laugh with his jokes, even impressing the little girls with his raven black hair and his blue orbs. He wasn’t like most guys in the village; he was filled with life and energy that could bright even the darkest of hearts. His skin was creamy white, like most guys in his village. One of his many traits was eating sushi like crazy—his favorite food in the whole world.
He continued to walk with a grin across his face, when he noticed a line for his favorite eating place. He ran towards the line getting in front of three people without noticing. That was when he felt someone touching his shoulder. He turned around and faced the taller people the grin upon his face banishing.
The tallest of the group glared darkly at Hikure with hatred, “Just who the hell do you think you are? You cant get in front of us just like that kid!?”
“Well…actually I can get in front of you whenever I want…and you cant do anything about it.” Hikure spoke softly his gaze upon the taller guy in front of him.
“What…?!” The second tallest guy asked with an annoyed voice, “What the hell is your friggin problem?!”
Hikure looked down for a moment then looked up with a small grin, “My problem is that 3 taller men are annoying the hell outta m…so you better leave.”
“Ha you think we take orders from a puny little boy?!”The tallest, probably leader of the whole ground, said with a mocking voice. “You’re nobody!”
“Oh really? Hmm….” Hikure began to think, as he noticed that the smallest guy in the group had gotten right next to him about to punch the boy. Hikure smirked deviously and suddenly… “HA! I poked your eyes! Now you can’t see me!” and with that Hikure began to run away.
“Th-That little brat…!! My eyes hurt now, damn it!” The man who just got poked cried in pain, covering both his eyes. “Get him!” He ordered darkly pointing at some random direction.
Both men nodded and ran quickly after Hikure with all their might, wanting to teach that little boy a lesson. People watched Hikure run, some laughing at him, some encouraging him to keep running faster (the little kids that is, the older people just said ‘idiot’). Hikure took the advice of the little ones and began to run faster, he looked back and his eyes widen a bit, “Crap! They are catching up to me! Darn it, they are fast!” He could no longer run, his breath was running out and his heart beating fast. He stopped and faced them with a small grin, reaching out his hand for a truce. “I-I’m sorry….”
“No! We won’t accept your ‘truce’ or whatever you call it! You have messed with our leader! Just wait till our real leader shows up and teaches you a lesson!” The strongest said with a sour tone, looking directly at Hikure ready to punch him. “She might be a girl, but she sure is strong!”
“Heh that or you guys are just plain weak. Yup that’s got to be! No girl can defeat me!” Hikure spoke with strength on his voice, taking out his wooden swords out and pointed them at the men’s. “You better be afraid!”
The smallest one in the group spit on the ground and smirked at Hikure, “Heh…whatever kid…just look behind you…” He pointed right behind Hikure with a small frightened voice, his hand shaking a little. “You asked for it, kid.”
Hikure could be a small chill behind him running through his whole body; he dared not turn around just to see who it was. His hand began to tremble with fear; his heart began to race faster, and his mind spinning. Hikure gulped his courage and turned around to meet the gaze of a guy with coal black eyes and hair shorter than his. He was handsome, that was for sure! The guy had hair that covered his right eye, and the left of his eye almost too covered by bangs. He had two long strands of hair that passed his chin; Hikure couldn’t believe that he was so gorgeous…until he saw something he didn’t expect. He blinked a couple of times before the thought could pass through his mind…he saw the ‘guy’ had breast. He gasped to himself and looked directly at the girls eyes. “W-What?! You’re a girl!!”
The girl looked at him annoyed, her arms crossed. “Of course I’m a girl, you moron.” She took at pause and looked at him hard, “Who the hell gives you permission to mess with my gang?”
Hikure gulped and noticed that she was mad, “Um…I-I’m sorry I didn’t know it was your gang! I promise I won’t do it again! I’m sorry sir!” that was when he noticed he had said something wrong. He looked down immediately embarrassed, he didn’t mean to call her that…but it wasn’t like she looked like a girl. She looked like the most handsome guy in the village!
“Sir?” The girl tilted her head to the right; her hand had gotten in a fist. “I’m a girl, damn it!”
‘Oh god! I didn’t mean that…! She’s going to hit me! She’s going to hit me now! I bet she hits really hard! It’s not my fault!!’ Hikure thought, his eye looking the other way trying to find a way to run, but it seemed the girl wouldn’t let him escape to fast. He closed his eyes in slight fear waiting for the girl to hit him but nothing happened… “H…Huh?”
The girl had petted him gently on the head, the glare however still upon her face, “Your afraid I’m going to hit you, aren’t you?”
Hikure looked at her oddly then he smiled kindly at her, “W-Well yeah I sort of thought you were going to hit me.”
The girl laughed a little, “Yeah well…I should have but I’m not going to…at least not now.” She folded her arms and continued to observe the smaller boy with a slight glared, “Are you alright? My gang didn’t beat you up to bad did they?” She took one glance at the members of her gang sending them running off,
“I’m ok! They didn’t do anything to me!” He said cheerfully looking at the girl with gentle eyes. “And I’m more alright because…the leader of such a fearsome gang cares for someone about me!”
The girl taken back by the words looked away blushing slightly, “I…um…see…”
“Yeah! That’s really kind of you!” He continued to smile when he reached a hand out to her, “I’m Hikure Kaske by the way!”
The short hair girl sighed slightly and looked at him, “I’m Keiiji…Aimi.”
“Nice to meet you Keiiji-kun!” Hikure shouted happily smiling even more kindly, ‘Keiiji…isn’t that the name of a guy? What is with this girl and looking like a guy? Not just a guy…a handsome guy!’
“I have to say Hikure…to stand up to my gang it takes some guts…you are lucky. You sure showed them.”
“Yup! I bet if I fought you I could even beat you!” That was when he realized he had said something very stupid. “Eh…”
Keiiji looking at him angrily turned around and started to walk away, she suddenly stopped. She looked at Hikure with a solid smirk, “Grow up kid…you need to learn that life isn’t all fun and games.”
“Well yeah of course it isn’t, but you need to live it to the fullest because happiness doesn’t always last forever! It can leave you anytime…”
And with that she began to walk away once more when she was stopped again…this time by the mailman. He looked at Keiiji rather afraid and quickly handed her a letter, then he ran to Hikure giving him the same letter Keiiji got—and with that he left. She opened it and read the following in her mind. “Dear lady Keiiji, You have been selected to be allowed to go to the warrior academy, with your sensei Mikire...”She looked at it and threw it away in the nearby trash can. She suddenly noticed that Hikure was walking right behind her, “What do you want?”
He looked at her with a gentle smile, “Well it seems we are both invited to this! Why don’t we travel together over there! It would be fun!”
Keiiji observed him, putting a hand under her chin thinking, “Well…I suppose it wouldn’t hurt anyone….alright you can come with me.”
The boy jumped in delight, closing his eyes, and giving Keiiji thumbs up. “This is going to be awesome!”
“But know this kid, when your with me act normal don’t act like a idiot because then people are going to be like ‘Hey it’s that gang leader and look who’s she’s hanging out with!’ and then they are going to start laughing at me…” she continued to look at him even more annoyed this time, “And they are going to think you are stupid….oh wait….you are!”
“Hey! I’m smart! Maybe not the kind of smart that you prefer! But I’m smart in my own way!”
“Heh…in your own way, huh?”
The moment was severely ruined, when out of the crowd came a high pitch squeaky voice. It was a girl with long straight blond hair, wearing a blue bow on her hair, a dress that went to her knees. Her dress shoes matching her whole outfit, she looked just like a little girl…which she was (obviously). She ran through everyone until she got to her target…Hikure. She hugged him tightly so that he could hardly breathe. She giggled slightly a small blush upon her pale face. “I finally found you, Hikure-chan!”
Hikure cough off guard looked at the girl slight surprised but he hugged her back a little, not the same hug he game when he was not around Keiiji. “It’s nice to see you to, Mili!
Keiiji who kept a straight face, was dying to punch Hikure so hard in the guts but she couldn’t…at least not in public. ‘I told him…not to embarrass me…’ She told herself, her hand in a fist. She took a deep breath and looked at the little girl, “Who are you?”
“I’m Mili! Hikure-chan’s girlfriend!” She said kindly as she looked back at Keiiji….she began to blush even more now. “O…Oh my…H-Hello…I-I-It’s very nice to meet you…”
Keiiji raised an eyebrow and looked at the girl with a frown, “Oh really now? Well…”
“I love you! You are gorgeous!” The girl blabbed out, covering her mouth in horror. The blush increasing by the second. “I-Im sorry…”
Keiiji laughed a little, a sour laugh, “Heh you know what? I think im gorgeous to…All the girls just love me…but hey! That’s what I would say if I was a moron! You wanna know why?!”
The little girl looked at Keiiji afraid, her body shaking a little bit, “Um…Should I ask?”
“Because I’m a girl! A girl! Just because I have short hair, or I don’t dress the way you do doesn’t mean anything! I’m still…a girl!”
Hikure gave the smaller girl a single look and noticed that she was shaking a little bit, he did the best thing he could do: he took Keiiji by the hand and took her to a place he knew. His favorite spot in the whole place…The hill of tranquility (at least that’s what he named it). One could see the whole village where they were, the peaceful village that Hikure grew up. He loved it very much…but sometimes he felt trapped…
The sun’s gentle rays covered the whole village in luminous light making it seem even more beautiful than before. Wondrous mysteries lied before that tiny village…but they were mysteries that the villages were not prepared for.
Hikure looked at Keiiji with a tiny smile, “How about I take you out to dinner tonight?”
“No.” She simply said in a neutral tone voice her gaze upon the small village.
He continued to look at her with interest as he could somehow tell she was suffering inside, but he shook that thought away. “Well alright.” He continued to study her.
She took notice of this and turned slightly at him, “What?” She asked him.
His eyes stayed fix on her, “What? Oh sorry! Nothing!”
Keiiji turned and faced the village again her eyes not leaving the lively people, who laughed, played, and smiled as if there was not a care in the world. That was when she passed Hikure leaving the place back to the village. Hikure followed after her in a hurry, wondering where she was going. “Stop following me, kid.”
Hikure glared at her when he noticed that she was even paler than before, “H-Hey! Are you sure you don’t want to eat anything?! You’re looking rather pale! I would feel a lot better if you could eat something!”
She stopped walking and turned to him not wanting to keep the subject going so she changed it, “Meet me in front of the gate tomorrow, at the break of dawn. If you are late I’ll leave without you.”
Hikure smiled at her and nodded going his own direction, whistling to himself once more. He looked up at the sky and noticed the day was almost gone, so he decided to head back to the hotel he rented to sleep in. He looked up once more and saw a boy with a hood looking down at him with a wicked grin. Hikure flinched a little at the grin and glared at the figure. “What do you want?” He asked darkly.
“Well…that’s not a nice way to treat someone now is it?” the figure spoke with poison all over his voice. “Before anything else happens let me ask you this. What is a Kaske like you doing in this part of the village? Even more someone who escaped his own home?”
Hikure looked at the boy with anger and hatred, “What did you say?!”
“And let me add, you’re also a failure.”
“What?! I’m not!”

“Oh please don’t try to fool yourself. Everyone in this village knows what you are, where you belong, and why you are here, they just won’t tell you anything.”

“They don’t know anything about me and neither do you! So cut…” Hikure wasn’t allowed to talk anymore when he heard an acid laugh fill the cold air.
“You are a failure, and you know it…your family knows it, she knows it…”
Hikure couldn’t take it anymore; he couldn’t take this from someone he didn’t even know, so he took out his wooden sword out and got in a ‘fight me’ position. “Fight me.”
The mysterious figure laughed even more sourly this time, jumping down the roof, landing right in front of Hikure. “Do you really think you can actually kill me with swords like that? You have got to be kidding me, right?”
That was it; the figure had gone beyond the line, so Hikure Pointed his sword to men’s neck with anger. “Mine are probably better than yours…you probably don’t even have one.”
“Heh…” The figure laughed and he took out his own set of swords, one on each hand. They were real swords made from the finest materials in the whole land. Hikure’s eyes widen a bit as he took one look at the wondrous swords that he had. “You were saying?”
“Hmph! Never mind the swords sized! What matters is how you use them in battle!” Hikure said to the other boy, speaking from his heart. 
“Whatever…I don’t wanna hurt your little swords so I’m going to just leave you here.” He took a long pause before continuing his tone changing completely, “See ya around…failure…” With that he left disappearing into the wave of crowd leaving a confused Hikure to curse many bad words at him.
Hikure signed deeply as he began to walk towards where he was headed in the first place when he spotted Keiiji sitting in a rock by the gate, her sword between her legs. Hikure walked over to her and tilted his head to the left, confused.  Keiiji looked up a big startled, “What the hell are you doing here? Were not supposed to meet until dawn…”
“Well I saw you here all lonely…and well I guess I just wanted to say hello…” He said softly to her.
“Hn…” That was all she said.
“So why are you…waiting here?”Hikure asked trying not to make his voice break.
Keiiji looked up to him with a glare, “I’m waiting for the dawn…”
“Eh? EH?! What?!” Hikure shouted covering his mouth slightly, “Well…if you’re waiting here…let’s just go alright! We have a limited time to get there!”
Keiiji’s eyes widen a bit, “What? Shouldn’t you get your sleep?”
Hikure shook his head with a tiny smile, “It’s alright! Let’s go alright!” Hikure put a hand on the gate and slowly began to open it when Keiiji tried to stop him.
“W-Wait…!! Moron!” Keiiji shouted with anger smacking Hikure hard on the face, “You moron!”
That was when… “Hey! You two aren’t supposed to open the gates unless you have permission!”
Both Hikure and Keiiji looked at the guard who had told them that, Keiiji smacking her forehead hard and glaring at Hikure.
 
 

© 2009 Anabell Flower


Author's Note

Anabell Flower
Well that was chapter 1 for ya! Hope you all like it! Read and review!
A/N: augh I can�t believe it took me a friggin week to write this chapter! Oh well! Please forgive my errors, but my editor wasn�t here she was in a vacation (Darn her). Please tell me which characters you have liked so far I would love to hear! I�ll update it soon if I get lotsa reviews!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a beautiful, masterfully, woven tale. I like the way you carry your readers away into another world. I also like the friendship developing between Heikure and Keiiji. I'm look forward to finding out what happens to them next.

Posted 14 Years Ago


nice for only chapter 1.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Definitely some interesting characters in your story, a few typo's but other than that nice write.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 21, 2009
Last Updated on January 22, 2009

Author

Anabell Flower
Anabell Flower

FL



About
Hello my name is Anabella Mary Flower you can call be Ana or well...whatever you wish hehe. Here are some facts about me. 'Hikure more..