The Playground - part 2

The Playground - part 2

A Story by Anata
"

Story based on one of my dreams

"

I woke up with a bitter taste in my mouth. My eyes were blurry, my head hurt and my stomach was acting as if I had a very late night out with lots of alcohol. I noticed that I was lying in a bed, and everything around me was white. I carefully got up, supporting against the wall, dizzy as I was. My eyes started to adjust, and the blurriness disappeared. What I saw was my worst nightmare. I thought I dreamt all that stuff about the sedation guys and my parents trying to get rid of me, but my eyes proved me wrong.

I found myself in this dull square room, with one bed and a cupboard, a toilet and a little sink. There was a very small window, way up high, adjacent to the door, which also had a window in it. All the windows were covered with the same barb wire thing. Everything seemed to be white, and covered with some sort of cushions. Probably to prevent me from harming myself, as if I would do that …. My clothes where gone too, I was wearing a very dull and plain overall instead. My hair was cut down to a boy’s coupe, and my nails were cut as well. I wanted to scream, to kick everything around me, but I didn’t find the power. It was useless, and would have no effect what so ever. Instead I just sat down on the bed, staring at that boring white wall. No wonder crazy people don’t get cured here; the fact of being in such a room alone is enough to make you go crazy and berserk.

I sat there, and stared. I can’t remember how long I stared at that wall, before I was dragged out of my trance by footsteps that got closer. I could hear them, stamping on the floor, stopping every now and then, stamping some more. I wanted to see what was happening, but the window was way too small to even catch a glimpse of the hallway. The footsteps were right at my door now, and again, they stopped.

‘Here’s some food if you want it.’ It was a very heavy and low voice. I could see this hand pushing a plastic tray with something called food on it through a little hatch in the door.

‘Enjoy’ the guy said, as he walked away to the next door.

I looked at the tray and was disgusted by what I saw. You couldn’t possibly call this mash food! Not even a dog would eat this! Although I was hungry I decided to leave the tray were it was, and just wait in the hope that something better would come soon.

But it didn’t. I saw the sun set through the little window, as my room got darker and darker. It must be something like 7 o’clock in the afternoon now, judging by the darkness of my room. I was about to lay down and just stare at the ceiling, for a change, but I heard those footsteps again. They got closer, and the moment they stopped someone opened my door.

‘Time to get out and meet the other lunatics newby.’ I could hear his colleagues laughing, as if I was the newest toy to play around with. There was nothing in the world I’d rather do than just keep sitting on my bed and ignore that fat bully. But it seemed so nice to get outside this room and meet some other people, too nice to resist. So I got up and walked out my room, in to the hallway, where all these other people were standing in front of their room. They all looked at me, like I was someone who could enlighten their world filled with routine.

‘On to the playground, nutties; come one, get a move on!’. ‘I won’t say it twice!’ I could see how he held this whip in his hand, slashing it to make the people move, threatening to hit everyone who wouldn’t listen. And it worked; they all got in a row, including me, and started walking towards something called ‘the playground’.

 

© 2008 Anata


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 22, 2008

Author

Anata
Anata

Houthalen, Belgium



About
So :) first of all, i'm 25 years old. Second :p my real name is 'Siva, it's from India, though i have no relations whatsoever there. I enjoy writing, and have recently found my passion again, as i .. more..

Writing
Greed Greed

A Poem by Anata


Take a risk Take a risk

A Poem by Anata


Conscience Conscience

A Poem by Anata