Main Tera Hero

Main Tera Hero

A Screenplay by Border
"

History can only be appreciated retrospectively. The established film critics of this country have given reports ranging 2 to 2.5 stars to this David Dhawan (DD) movie, missing history being made, b

"

History can only be appreciated retrospectively. The established film critics of this country have given reports ranging  2 to 2.5 stars to this David Dhawan (DD) movie, missing  history being made, because they  are too  close to appreciate it.


The same syndrome was seen when cult classics like Andaz Apna Apna and Jana Bhi Do Yaaron were released in 1994 and 1985 respectively. These two movies opened to empty halls but were elevated to cult status, after enough water passed under the Yamuna Bridge. This seemingly mindless movie has a method to its madness. A mad hatter script and even madder treatment tickles the funny bone. The unhindered facial elasticity of Varun reminds us of Jim Carrey and Govinda, rolled into one, in addition to unmixed original acting, without becoming a caricature of the other established actors. The conversations of the hero with various Gods is riveting. Bringing in Jesus adds to the secular touch. Anupam’s sumptuous ham handed treatment of the “echo voiced” gangster is a laugh riot. Shukla’s rhyming dialogues are fantastic and he is more funny as a paraplegic.


D’cruz does a good job and proves her mettle with her agile expressions. Nargis is plastic and is advised to wait for her ‘lip job’ to heal and allow the post surgical inflammation to abate before signing for more movies. 

Other sidekicks are good. Our good old Shakti makes a nice appearance at the end. David Dhavan’s direction and execution of  this insane storyline is superb, to say the least. He has launched a new hero (notwithstanding “Student of the Year”).  This is a hero who will stay with us for a long long time. Mark my words. This very review will be analysed, 15 years from now, when this film is a cult classic and this hero becomes a force to reckon with.


The song “ Tera Hero Idhar Hai” stays with you, though other songs are forgettable. Not many people will know, that the lyrics “ Tera Dhyan Kidhar Hai- Tera Hero Idhar Hai” is similar to the song in Amitabh hit Kalia where he croons “Jahan Teri Yeh Nazar Hai-Meri Jaan Mujhe Khabar Hai." Only film buffs will realize this. All those who have a brain, leave it at home before you watch this flick.


I will give “Main Tera Hero” 4 out of 5 stars. 

© 2015 Border


Author's Note

Border
bollywood revies

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on August 12, 2015
Last Updated on August 12, 2015
Tags: Movie

Author

Border
Border

Delhi, delhi, India



About
I like to read good writing and am in the process of self improvement by the therapeutic process of writing. I am a struggler and also a fighter. more..

Writing