"Take Cares..."

"Take Cares..."

A Poem by Chris
"

Thoughts on a Monday

"

 

"Take Cares..."

We try...we really do
but life - isn't always ...kind
and clean    and gentle, loving.

There are moments of

- god I wish so hard it wasn't

now...
and others that leave you

with glassy, unfocused eyes

and a 1,000 yard stare...

There are breaths that just don't come
and footsteps now unheard;
friends we leave behind

- and family too;

lives shattered by God's own tears,
and the shyest, gentlest fingertips

touching cheeks and whispering "...goodbye..."

"...take care..."

Chris

© 2012 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
feel free

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Chris, that writing touched me deeply....whenever the seasons change I notice the "blues" seem to overtake my mood. I still miss my mother terribly at times. It has been 7 years since she left but missing her and heartache of that separation.
"But life - isn't always ...kind
and clean and gentle, loving."
NIZHONI!


Posted 11 Years Ago


All those goodbyes we wish never happened and the ones who created their imprint on our lives always remembered in the soft crevices of our heart and soul. A beautiful soft whisper here.. Thank you for sharing

Posted 11 Years Ago


How in the world is it that I can read something of yours and its just what I needed to hear? How it relates so well to either what I am going through or have gone through recently?

I've been kinda feeling lonesome lately, which is strange because I'm not alone. So many times I've had to say goodbye and yet another goodbye is impending even now...although its a temporary goodbye, within a few weeks its another goodbye none the less. There are the 'until we meet again's' and the the 'hustle and bustle, keep yourself busy so you don't think about how much you're missing, what you're missing, and who' moments.

Oh how quickly things seem to disappear...how fast time flies. The moments we spend WANTING time to go at supersonic speeds...just hurry up and be over to those tender moments you want to wrap your mind, heart, and senses around so that they can be encapsulated within memory for all eternity.

How I love and have missed your poetry, Chris.

Posted 11 Years Ago


So soft.. The poem goes by like a whisper..but it says so much.. So much!!
A really touching poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


wow. So simply stated - yet this was a right between the eyes thump of a poem. Incredible. Well penned sentiment.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love those moments when I read a poem and it fills me with emotion. This poem fills me in a much needed way. I will just breathe and take care. Blessed to know you and to read your work. Blessed indeed!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautifully touching Chris...Yes to wish one was not now... but then it took so much to get us here so perhaps we forge ahead... I dont know how the rateing works but id say your a solid 100 always...

"lives shattered by gods own tears and the shyest gentlest fingertips"... such feeling in this.... don't ever say good bye Chris... xo

Posted 11 Years Ago


soft, sad ..Your thoughts touch deeply Chris..

Posted 11 Years Ago


of all the good byes.. it is the silent ones.. the unspoken ones.. that seam to leave the deepest fingerprints...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Your thoughts here weave 1000 yard stares in my eyes, and brings to mind thoughts of my own.


Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

767 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 20, 2012
Last Updated on August 20, 2012
Tags: Poetry, Writing, CHris

Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Wish I Wish

A Poem by Tate Morgan