"Behind Closed Doors..."

"Behind Closed Doors..."

A Poem by Chris
"

We paid for our nightmares - at least we should enjoy them... yes?

"

"Behind Closed Doors..."

There are monsters under the bed...
if I just lie here
oh so still
and oh so silent
though the tears are flowing down
down my cheeks
onto my pillow
in the dark
unseen
maybe
just maybe
...they'll come out
and play.

Chris

© 2011 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
Do you really, really, REALLY think you understand being lonely as a kid?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The only one who truly understands a persons loneliness is them....

Sharp edges on this one my friend.

Shar

Posted 12 Years Ago


I understand being lonely as a kid...but there are different kinds and degrees, even among the kids.

And I never wanted to play with the monsters, because they weren't under my bed...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sometimes the dark scares me .. Dark is where all the evil play .. All the don't tells live .. all the pretends get undressed ..
I was an only child .. so maybe I understand .. a little ...

Under the bed still scares ME .. Jazz

Posted 12 Years Ago


I was afraid of the total dark, now I'm more respectful of it, but everything else, I just got angry inside. fortunately I had a release valve of "doing" and that's how my different forms of creativity were born. Thank God.
Only another reason we need the heroes, mentors and role models to come back into society and our culture of blowing s**t up. We're drowning in the dark lonely pieces.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sometimes the monsters under the bed are better friends than reality. Although my imaginary monsters were quite demented...skeletons dressed in 1930's nursing uniforms trying to stick with me needles and eat me. If I stayed perfectly still and pulled the blankets up to my chin, they would think something already got me (they didn't like the heads) and leave me be. Hmmm....maybe I'm the demented one! But then I had Big Bunny, Little Bunny, and Jenny as my best friends. The imaginary world can be quite the safe haven for a child.....

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
?
I have had many nites like that when I was a kid and ya know sometimes I still do as an adult.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I was so afraid

Posted 12 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

449 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 11, 2011
Last Updated on November 11, 2011

Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..