"When..."

"When..."

A Poem by Chris
"

Each of us has a version, an expectation - if you will, of just what "When" means.

"
Each of us has a version, an expectation - if you will, of just what "When" means.  I wandered this place - coffee in hand.  Looking, looking, listening, moving on.  Friends, strangers, nooks and grannies, lil cracks in the walls - windows all, windows to the world of all the places that aren't and yet were... and its Tuesday no less - figures, all visited, ringing so stridently in the ears...

The sounds of silence...

"When..."

When -
we forget

how loud the silence is

at 3AM, then 4 ~

at breakfast - as first a habit

- then just a chore

then an unwanted pause

then... you don't NEED to sit

- even at a table -

to listen...

to your silence.

 

When -

did you learn to listen to yourself?

Speak the unspoken -

listen to heartbeats echoing...

When -

do you realize being who you are

IS

who you are...

When -

do you look IN the windows

- rather than out?

When do WE

learn how to cry

- without a why?

When...


...all the never-ever-mores
forevers
- closed doors on times

on dreams
on moments, lives

...on the whispers

When?

 

I know

...now.

Chris

© 2012 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
feel free

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

when I was 6.....

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
lei
wow i like this... the sound of silence is deafening!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sense and scences read cleary and without shme in your wording, well done, good read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh Chris, this one touched me to the core, because I know all about the sounds of silence.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Reading this, it makes me really wonder when.
each scenes you showed in the poem is really a point itself to wonder about and think when.
that was really a brilliant poem, with a rich meaning.
Thanks for sharing it, I'm glad that i got to read it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sigh.... missed you while I was away.....

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well written my poetic brother. I had to put the show on the back shelf as my relief peson has had a baby and I am working all the open shifts... great for the paycheck bad for my sanity.

Posted 12 Years Ago


'on moments, lives
...on the whispers'

past or future, this is an emotional poem that explores us as people. you have a natural intuition for feelings, for what matters in life and write in a way that these things can be talked about and become universal. stunning work!



Posted 12 Years Ago


The "moment" is always now... frequently we lose sight and sound of that moment.
It's a vortex out there, a surging whirlpool, walking too close can cause immediate and unexpected consequences....

variables.... are more special and affective than we realize in those moments. It takes very clear eyes and sound centers to even let a splinter of that light in.

it takes a visionary such as yourself to hold the lantern up and lead the way....

Posted 12 Years Ago


I am not sure about "when" .. yet .. The un-spoken, seems hidden, even to me .. We each face our ghost and angels and dreams, in a different time frame .. Tic-Toc .. will there be enough time .. And will each whisper, and each dream forever be still, and silent .. and lost .. or given up .. I cling to the edges, because I can not bear another loss .. another ghost .. "When" is a very good question .. and Quest .. .. I so WANT to look IN the windows ! ..

Good to see you writing and sharing Chris .. Jazz

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

641 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 31, 2012
Last Updated on January 31, 2012
Tags: Poetry, Writing, CHris

Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..