The Shrinking Potion (Chapter 2)

The Shrinking Potion (Chapter 2)

A Chapter by NigellaStory1

Chapter 2

Creating The Magical Potion
The following morning, Maeve got up and got dressed. She got dressed in her usual outfit: a dark-green top with long sleeves and a ankle-length dark-blue skirt with yellow and pink stripes embroided with stars.
When she went downstairs, she found Katherine in her usual outfit. This consisted of a wine or maroon-coloured top and long dark-blue skirt with yellow stripes.
After breakfast, Maeve then headed out to the back garden to get some wood for the fire. When she came back in she placed the logs into a little basket beside the fireplace. Just as she did so, Katherine came into the kitchen carrying the bottle they'd discovered the day before.
"I think I've got it, Maeve!" she said a little excitedly.
"You've figured out what that is, Kathy?" Maeve asked. "Tell me!"
"Well...I'm not too sure, but I think that it's a super-strength formula."
Puzzled, Maeve asked.
"What do you mean...exactly?"
"What I mean," Katherine replied. "is that I once heard stories about this particular super-strength formula. It was said that anyone who tasted it, would grow in wisdom and strength. Of course, that's only a story and I'm not sure that I'd attach too much weight to that."
"Forget the stories!" Maeve exclaimed. "Can you create a new, even stronger super-strength formula?"
"Yes.... but why would we want to?" Katherine asked somewhat curiously.
"Because, we could then deal with all of that trouble with those young teenage pup who are constanly harrassing us!" Maeve spat rather bitterly. "Can you do it Kathy?!"
"Yes. I'll get started right away!"
Kartherine picked up the bottle while Maeve got out their magical potions book. These bubbled and hissed.
Katherine opened the book.
"Which potion do you want to create?" she asked.
Maeve looked at the list of  potions on the page.
"I think we'll try the shrinking potion. After all, that can't really do that much damage!"
"Okay then. The shrinking potion it is." Kaherine said. Then, after a moment's thought, she said, "You DO realise that there's a possibility that we may have to test this formula to see if it works, don't you?"
"Yeah....So?!" Maeve said dismissively.
"So if this goes wrong in any way at all," Katherine replied slowly. "we could both be in seriously BIG.....And I DO mean BIG....trouble!"
"Ah what's to worry about Kathy?! If it doesn't work....then it simply doesn't work. If, on the other hand, it DOES work, well then, I'm sure that you have a spell to transform both of us back to our full size again, don't you?"
Katherine hesitated for a moment or two before answering.
"Ehhh....Yessss....I think I do!" she said, albeit somewhat hesitantly.
"Oh come on!" Maeve exclaimed. "What could possibly go wrong, eh?!"
"You know Maeve. An extremely wise person once said that you should never tempt fate, you know."
"Ohhh.....rubbish! How long will it take you to make that formula?"
"Not too long. About fifteen to twenty minutes or so. I have to get it absolutely right."
"Okay then. You'd better get started. Call me when it's ready!"
"Where are you going?"
"Just down to the village for a coffee and then I'll be back in about an hour or so. I hope you'll have potion ready when I get back."
"Don't worry. I should do. I'll see you later." Katherine replied.
When Maeve had left, Katherine sat down on a chair.
(Maeve doesn't have a clue at all about magic.! Why oh why did I get stuck with her?! She's going to get the both of us into some serious trouble one of these days if she's not careful!)
Katherine got up again. She picked up the bottle and took it into a nearby room. She then got out all of her magical books and immediately began making various potions of many different colours. She eventually came up with an extremely thick-looking dark-blue liquid.






© 2016 NigellaStory1


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on April 9, 2016
Last Updated on April 9, 2016