Freedom

Freedom

A Poem by AndrejPro

I am free. I am once truly free. The shackles are undone, and the weights are lifted from my shoulders. I run freely through the fields; tossing myself in every direction. I run fast, for the world might run after me to take me back into bondage. That is after all what life was. Pain, suffering, labor. Ownership. Ah, that’s the word, ownership. Born into cages that hold you tied to the control of your leaders, forever. These cages are invisible you see, as they don’t need to exist. They, however, are there. And they’re quite durable. I see myself running through the fields at blazing speeds. The fields that separate sanity from the farm. The farm I was born on. The farm that has raised me and bred me to strength. The farm that has provided protection and care, in return for my never-ending labors that bring the farmer profits. Profits that he can use to grow his power and aid his clients. I am now fully self aware and sense everything around me, visible or not. Wake up, to see the farm, is to leave it.

© 2016 AndrejPro


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This poem creates a clear picture, nicely written!

Posted 8 Years Ago


AndrejPro

8 Years Ago

Thank you

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

351 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 1, 2016
Last Updated on January 1, 2016
Tags: freedom, politics, civil, independence

Author

AndrejPro
AndrejPro

CA



Writing
Orange Orange

A Poem by AndrejPro


Blue I Blue I

A Chapter by AndrejPro