Burnt Toast

Burnt Toast

A Story by andreshoe
"

Read, please leave criticim

"

We settled in with friends and drunk. We looked at girls we wanted with guys we hated. We can be quite childish, but they just pretend to be what they are not. A few girls come over to say hi to one of our friends. We quickly introduce ourselves and make them laugh so they won't leave. There were three of them that came over. One smiled with her mouth closed, in efforts of hiding her ugly teeth. She had black hair, that seemed to have been fixed for her night out. Her mascara was gooping around her eyes. She was nice. The second girl was shorter and prettier. She had light skin and light brown hair. She knew that we wanted her and enjoyed it. She also talked the loudest and laughed the worst. She probably thought she was better than me. The third girl I liked. She wasn't as pretty as the second one but seemed more into me. She laughed just the right amount but also felt out of place. She was drunker than her other friends, which also made her funny. Her name was Anna. Her pretty friend was named Ashley and goopy eyes was named Cassie. Anna followed Ashley. Cassie didn’t know who to follow but desperately wanted to follow someone. Anna laughed when Ashley laugh. Anna drank twice what Ashley drank. I asked Anna what she was drinking. She smiles and offers me a sip of her cup. I see  purple liquid and foam in her cup. I don’t want a sip, but i drink it anyways. It taste like s**t. I smile and ask what it was. Anna shrugs. We stand awkwardly next to each other and listen to the others talk. I tell her I hated her drink. She asks what I said, even though she clearly heard. I rephrase my statement and she agrees. I don’t think she likes me, but i figure she is drunk enough and invite her to smoke outside. She smiles and says yes. I feel cocky. This never happens to me. I start doubting how pretty she actually is and convince myself it’s just the alcohol. We start walking toward the back yard. A tall a*****e stares at her then me. He smiles and whispers important information to his friend as we walk by. I feel uncomfortable and pretend nothing happened. We reach the backyard. It’s a warm night. I’m still sober enough to enjoy the fresh air. i pull out a cigarette awkwardly from my jacket pocket and light it. I tell her I never smoke, which is true, but I feel it will make me look as if i smoke a lot, but don’t admit it. I cough, I remember why I hate smoking. She laughs politely and smiles. I hand her the cigarette. She knows how to smoke. I feel less cool and think she is kind of tacky. We talk about mutual friends. I tell her about the time I crashed my moms car. She enjoys the crap conversation which makes me feel alot better. Ashley comes out with the other girl and walks towards us. I smile for them to go away. She ignores me and starts to complain about something to Anna. Cassie is left out of the conversation as am I. I look at her and ask her if she is drunk. She says no, but is obviously very drunk. I ask her what she is drinking. She says whiskey. I say cool and lose interest. Anna gives Ashley some advice. Ashley leaves and walks back inside. I hate Ashley and Anna knows it. She smiles and says she wants another drink. We walk back inside and I bum some rum off her friends. I see Robert. He walks over to me and signals Anna. I try to not seem eager and agree she is kind of hot. Robert tells me I have to kiss her. I told him that i knew that already. Anna joins our conversation. Robert makes her laugh more than I did. I pretend Robert makes me laugh. Robert pretends he doesn't notice but I do and invite her outside again. She says to hold on a few minutes. I stand awkwardly as Robert and Anna talk to each other. I feel uncomfortable and say I'll be right back. I feel stupid. I think how much of an a*****e Robert is. I go with my other friends. I talk and make stupid childish jokes. We laugh and make stupid comments. I feel better. I look and can’t find Robert or Anna. I know they are outside. I try to seem casual about it and ask a friend to follow me outside to smoke. I see Robert kissing Anna. I feel like s**t and light a cigarette. I try to act cool and point out to my friend what Robert is doing. I tell him Robert is an a*****e.

© 2015 andreshoe


Author's Note

andreshoe
i know grammar and mechanics are very off but would still enjoy some criticism
what do you think in general?
i enjoy writing things like this but i dont really try so hard
Thank You!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on March 10, 2015
Last Updated on March 10, 2015
Tags: party, teen, night, sex, girls, alcohol, social, vibes, short, short story, feels, out

Author