A letter to home

A letter to home

A Poem by Andrew (MJ) Nugteren
"

from my History class

"

Dear Friends and Family.


I'm in the trenches smelling and looking gross, I have a serious case of trench foot. Don't worry hopefully I'll be back looking better then ever. I'm thinking of you and missing you all. I got all your letters and packages. I'm sorry that I didn't send any thing back I was mostly busy with things. I still have some pictures of you guys. I wish this war was done and over with. I hope you guys are doing better then me. I have mud all over me and it itches. I want to be back right now. Well the battles are brutal, like in ww1 was so bad there was ww1 planes they almost killed me. Luckily I was safe. The gun shots were out of control. I was hardly shooting cause I have bad aim. There was barbed wires and bomb holes and such. I want to visit but I don't know how long we'll be. I haven't made friends cause I don't know how it'll end up. If I did make friends, I wouldn't know how to describe them. I did get what you sent me and I love them. I cross my heart that I'll be back. I wish I wasn't in the war but had no choice to be. I miss you guys and I can't wait to see you again.




Love and miss you By: Andrew Nugteren

© 2013 Andrew (MJ) Nugteren


Author's Note

Andrew (MJ) Nugteren
hope you all like it

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Friendship is earned. Will have few real friends in a life. It is good to be kind and friendly to all people. We can learn something from anyone. Have some fun. When you are young. Don't take life so seriously. Thank you for the thoughts to ponder.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Andrew (MJ) Nugteren

11 Years Ago

all true and thanks
Trench warfare I remember that!!! In my opinion world war 1 was the most interesting war to learn about because hardly anyone talks about it buts its vitally important. Nice work

Posted 11 Years Ago


Andrew (MJ) Nugteren

11 Years Ago

thank you
This is amazing, it reminds me of the military. I come from a lng line of military family members. =)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Andrew (MJ) Nugteren

11 Years Ago

thanks and nice
Trench warfare. You had to write this for history class? I had to participate in an re-enactment of trench warfare. I hated when the teacher yelled,"GAS!!!" And we all had to put on our gasmasks (foam bowls). Those of us who were slow had to fall and play dead. This write is inspiring....trench warfare may just be my next topic....Good work with this. The trenches were indeed filthy and disgusting. Most died from the conditions rather than actually fighting. Again, good work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Andrew (MJ) Nugteren

11 Years Ago

thank you :)
very special piece of writing from a soldier to home
thank you for sharing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Andrew (MJ) Nugteren

11 Years Ago

anytime :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 19, 2013
Last Updated on February 20, 2013

Author

Andrew (MJ) Nugteren
Andrew (MJ) Nugteren

Crystal Beach, CA



About
Hey,I'm Andrew Nugteren (People Call me Michael Jackson)! I'm 18 years old! I like to read Fan fiction books and I like writing poems. I enjoy comic books, and hanging out with my friends. I have a do.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..