OK

OK

A Story by AndrewH
"

Short story about a kid at school who's had too much. For more of my writing go to andrewhenleywriting.wordpress.com

"

Michael wanted things to change. He had wanted things to change for a long time. But nothing happened. Nothing ever happened. Michael had been constipated on the pot for so long that when he finally did s**t it came out in a messy splurge.

 

He took a gun to school.

 

Michael found Billy in the school hallway and pushed him in the back. Billy was the type of boy whose arms were made for throwing and punching and legs were made for running and kicking.

“Things are gonna change, Billy.”

Without hesitation, Billy swung around with his taught, overinflated arm outstretched like a construction crane, and slammed Michael against the wall by his neck.

“What’d you say, freak?”

 

Billy’s friends gathered to gawk as Michael’s legs struggled like an upside down turtle’s. Billy let him down and pushed him around his friends. Michael’s gun jostled loosely amongst his books as they passed him between them like a never ending party game. A crowd formed. Michael fell to the floor. From the crowd, Tiffany watched and laughed. Tiffany had Princess blonde hair that would suit a tiara. She was Billy’s girlfriend and Michael’s crush.

 

As Michael lay on the cold floor, he smiled. Billy and his friends kicked him, but it was just for show. The kicks weren’t that hard, not really. Things weren’t going to change. Michael was never going to be rich, or popular, or get a girl like Tiffany. But that was OK. Life was OK. He had been so full of s**t for so long that it felt good to finally get it kicked out of him. As if he’d had vomit caught in his throat for years that he’d only just been able to throw up. Relief. Things were OK. And if they ever weren’t, he’d always have that gun…

© 2013 AndrewH


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on April 6, 2013
Last Updated on April 12, 2013
Tags: school, short story