All Systems Go

All Systems Go

A Story by Andrew Leo
"

just a thought that came to mind

"
All Systems Go

    Finally, the song is over and in the wake of the  terminal  silence that follows you strain to hear your heart beat. You hear no heart beat , because there is no heart beating.

    Now, you believe in everything, and think you will need to  spend eternity waiting for everything to disappear. You see yourself as the sum total of  all you took from  life and all you  left behind .You  wish you were still constrained  by the familiar chain reactions  of logically occurring  events , but are now curiously  freed by those same events that leave you  dangling in a state of  complete cause and affect chaos.

    Now you know the universe can only expand.  And, when there is no more space in which to expand , the universe simply doubles back upon  itself. Now you are part of  this universal backlash in which the past, present and future collide to cancel each other out, leaving the trinity of time  consolidated into one solid moment. And in that moment, you become exponentially heavier. You are instantly aware of everything-  nothing escapes you .

    Gravity pushes you into a cosmic  side show ; a brand new universe with  a new set of pristine dimensions, in which time and space cease to be the measure of reality.   Here is where you become transcended and at the same time   suspended in a dreamy  liquid  darkness . Here is where  the one and only true  peace  envelopes you.
    
     You gaze, wide-eyed and surprised, at  all that  time, you thought was standing still, but is suddenly  heading  straight for you. In a burst of  brilliance, you recognize the sound of  your heartbeat and realize  you are  alive again, and   once again, for a very brief time, at the mercy of everything.

© 2016 Andrew Leo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on July 12, 2016
Last Updated on July 12, 2016