Glimpse of a Rant

Glimpse of a Rant

A Story by John
"

Go hard, or go home, I guess.

"

Insanity

is 

a

 (WE ARE DEAD AND THIS IS HELL)

realization that everything we do in this life, everything we work for, is in vain.

Our children and parents and siblings hold no relationship to us other than the fact that they happened to be cursed with a similar molecular barcode.  We are no miracle; we are a cosmic coincidence that just so happened to emerge from the primordial soup "alive."  We cannot even imagine the immensity of the universe that surrounds us, or even the possible beings that have surpassed our existed before our time.  We are no greater than the earthworm, gnawing away all day at the dirt in front of us, only waiting for a bluebird to come pluck us from the ground and digest us, only to spit us out for nutrition for its children.

There is no honor.  There is no justice.  There is nothing in this world worth dying for.  Sit here and woe this day, for I hope that this passage eats into your mind as the words have eaten into mine.  It will consume the very fibers of your being, peeling you away, and layer by layer. 

You want to know what insanity is?

It's trying to do the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Only three generations after our death, our descendants will have forgotten us.  Perhaps humanity will end itself before that time, who knows?

The human race could be gone as abruptly as it arrived, and the galaxy wouldn’t even notice.  Even as we speak, intergalactic deathbearers  could be racing towards us from across the solar system, alien beings ready to pillage and rape our backwater planet. 

What is the point?

Ask yourselves that, what is the point?

There is no point.  It’s a joke.  And we are the punch line.

They could be coming for me now, or they could still be debating what to do with me.  Either way, it does not matter.  I am the master of my universe; I am the gatekeeper and the key-master.  I cannot describe my thoughts in detail enough, mostly due to the fact that they are emotionless.  You are the master of your universe and you are the gatekeeper and the key-master.

These words spew out of me like grass grows.  Like tectonic plates shift.  Like the world revolves.  They just… do. 

Earth is hell.

We are dead.

And all I ask is:
Do what you will, but do it quietly.

Insanity is acceptance that you are where you are.  

WE ARE DEAD AND THIS IS HELL

© 2013 John


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Powerful and true(: Good job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow. This is definitely something to think about. I really enjoy reading things like this, it's interesting to see what crosses the minds of others. Thanks for sharing. x

Posted 11 Years Ago


John

11 Years Ago

I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 2, 2013
Last Updated on February 2, 2013

Author

John
John

Richmond, VA



About
Life is... what you make of it. more..

Writing
I swear... I swear...

A Poem by John


Arcadia Arcadia

A Story by John


Dark Mansion Dark Mansion

A Story by John