Potty Humour

Potty Humour

A Story by Stan Lee
"

*Read the last two sentences out loud*

"




Jane is not a tuckshop mum. Though, she tells herself, she definitely would be were it not for the time restraints of having a full time job. Nonetheless she tries to be as supportive of her children’s education as possible which is why, when her son came home from school one afternoon with an alarming report, she had to take action. It went something like this.

 

 

Little Johnny came bouncing out from school one afternoon, his hat all skewiff and his shoelaces undone as per norm.

 

“How was school today Johnny?” Jane asked, taking his backpack and heading toward the car.

 

“Was okay,” he replied skipping a little to keep up, “but that big bully Marty Farty broke my sandcastle.” 

 

“Don’t say that Johnny. Even if he is mean to you, it’s no excuse to use potty language.”

 

“Our teacher says potty language,” Johnny said, pulling open the car door with both hands and climbing in.

 

“Mr Smith?”

 

“No we had a different teacher today.” Johnny giggled. “He said a naughty word and then he said pardon my French.”

 

“What did he say?” asked Jane, feeling concerned.

 

Johnny just giggled and covered his mouth with his hands. He giggled and giggled. The more he giggled the more Jane was concerned, until finally, she made up her  mind to give the school a call.

 

A receptionist answered and Jane got straight to the point.  “My child Johnny Lastname had a substitute teacher today. I am concerned that he has been using bad language in front of the children.”

 

“What did he say?”

 

“I didn’t ask my child to repeat it,” snapped Jane crossly. “But it was followed by ‘pardon my French’ and my child was quite shocked.”  


“Perhaps you should talk to the substitute. His name is Mr Lewis and I’m sure he can explain.”

 

Jane was further irritated by a crackly dial tone, until the call was picked up again.

 

"Is that Mr Lewis?" she barked, getting ready to rage.


"Oui Oui!" came the thickly accented reply."Oh, pardon my French!” He chuckled, "The children seem to enjoy it though.”

 

 


 

© 2016 Stan Lee


Author's Note

Stan Lee
Please say you got it!?

Appreciate any constructive criticism on how to make this work better!! Title? Tense? Anything?
Thanks for your feedback folks!
And thanks to everyone who has helped with this thus far!
:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

LOL This was cute, I will be recommending a friend of mine to read this. She comes to me with jokes all the time that resemble this kind of comedy. :) Lovely little creative story you've got here.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much Anorien. It's wonderful having you being such a fan of my work! Thanks for reading, r.. read more
Hello, Andronicus! :)
I enjoyed your story. Your descriptions of the characters' behavior are nicely written in. The twist is corny-funny, my kind of humor. In line 1: "restrains", I read as "restraints".

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Oh! Thank goodness for your sharp eyes Matt. Thanks for pointing out the error. I'll fix that up. I'.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
1VJ
Oui, oui je l'ai eu, très mignon et drôle. I used a French translator. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Merci Paloma! :)
Really good! Totally agree with Woody. Great attention to detail. Also - the emphasis on oui oui would be good as well. Excellent job!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Oui, oui! I totally agree with Woody's suggestion. Have done some editing & it should be better now!.. read more
the picture you summon in the reader's mind is so natural and real. and I love that.
opening the door with both hands looks banal on first sight but damn! that's how little kids open a car door. sweet picture. covering the mouth when giggling is another one. you take particular care with the details, the little things. that's the sign of a great writer, says I.
of course I got the ending. he could also have said (for emphasis) "oui oui!"
another good little one, Andronicus.


Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Thank you!!! Great suggestion!!!!! I think that will Do the trick. Will edit soon
Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Woody! My hugest, biggest, most sincere thanks goes to you! I have edited the story as per your sugg.. read more
Woody

7 Years Ago

the pleasure's all mine Dear :)
I got it! Potty language because "oui" and pardon my French because ... yes, quite clever.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Thanks Clifford! I'm glad you got it. The story has undergone a few changes & hopefully reads a litt.. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

845 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 30, 2016
Last Updated on November 11, 2016

Author

Stan Lee
Stan Lee

About
I've turned RRs off for now because I'm really behind. I have 50 to do! Hope to get to them... eventually :) “If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; ho.. more..

Writing
The Companion The Companion

A Story by Stan Lee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


MASKS MASKS

A Poem by ReedWrite





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5