10 Words Competition - 20.02.2017

10 Words Competition - 20.02.2017

A Story by Stan Lee
"

Written for this competition: http://www.writerscafe.org/contests/10-Words-I-Give/53864/

"

It is a well known fact that one must be a STICKLER to become a DOCUMENTED success in any field. This is the story of Ramu who was a CONSUMMATE master of yoga and in particular a move called the CROW. This move requires one to place ones hands on the floor and KICK your feet up off the ground balancing only on your palms.
Ramu was the world champion at this move and attributed his success to a sugar-free diet. He had never consumed one SPECK of DESSERT!
Sadly however, Ramu is now a regular COPPER who patrols the streets with a PAINTED PLASTIC name badge.
His yoga career came to a sudden end when his trademark move was barred by yoga masters worldwide. You might say Ramu was hit with a crow bar.

© 2017 Stan Lee


Author's Note

Stan Lee
Thanks for reading (:

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ha ha. You do have a way with words - 10 to be exact. Very nice.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

I'm not too good at these but they're a fun writing exercise at least. :) Thanks for reading Chip.
Ive read a few of your pieces now and I really like your imagination and creativity. keep it up!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

6 Years Ago

Thanks a lot Nanaki. I appreciate your read & review. Glad you like my stories. :)
"...Ramu was a HIT with a crowbar."

It's 02:30 here, I have a friend from my hometown who is currently asleep, and I almost choked on my ice cream laughing at this (I'm an adult... kind of... 22 counts, so yes, I'm eating ice cream this early :D).

"The crow,"... "Kick,"... I see why it was banned.

Absolutely ded. xD

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Yay! I made someone laugh!! Thanks for reading & reviewing Elendarin. Good to see you back too :)
So funny... poor Ramu... loved it !

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Thanks Hebe
AYE!!!! THAT WAS SUCH FUN!!! Oh how I would love to master the art of veryvery short stories! Brilliant! So do let us know how the contest went.... write on...

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Glad you found it fun :) thanks for reading & reviewing
A well thought out comedic scenario for poor Ramu. This short story reminds me of some of Wes Anderson's 2000's film narrations.
Favorite Line: Ramu was the world champion at this move and attributed his success to a sugar-free diet.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Thank you Raven. I appreciate you dropping by to read & review. :)
Creative, Witty and Believable. I want to watch Ramu on YouTube videos teaching Yoga, or watch him as a Copper on the streets of London by day and secretly teaching "Crow" Yoga stances by night. I can picture it. Thank you for taking the 10 Words I Give challenge and for creating Ramu. I actually want to hear more about him. I loved the intended pun at the end. Very clever!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Aw shucks. You made my day with this super kind review! Thanks for creating the 10 words challenge a.. read more
What Clifford said :)
You certainly have a knack for these.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Thanks Nemo :)
What an interesting mind you have. This story works well with its limitations. Creative idea.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Thank you Clifford. :) I'm glad you think so. I appreciate your review.
Oh my! Excellent use of the words to create such a ridiculously clever set up.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much S.Mi. I appreciate your read & review. :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

658 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 20, 2017
Last Updated on February 20, 2017

Author

Stan Lee
Stan Lee

About
I've turned RRs off for now because I'm really behind. I have 50 to do! Hope to get to them... eventually :) “If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; ho.. more..

Writing
The Companion The Companion

A Story by Stan Lee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


MASKS MASKS

A Poem by ReedWrite