Alice

Alice

A Story by Stan Lee
"

wip.. i guess...

"

Of all people. Alice.

Back in high school I never would have believed she’d turn out like this. I watched her making my coffee. I'd known it was her right away but I waited until she came back to the counter before asking if she remembered me.

She stared at me then shook her head. “I’m having an existential crisis," she laughed. “I remember nothing”.

I smiled back dismissively. “That’s okay.”

I snatched up my coffee and left. A bitter gremlin gnawed at the pit of my stomach for days.

 “Of all people. Alice.” I muttered.

Why had she mutilated her arm and shaved her head? The questions silently ate away at me until I wondered if I loved her.

© 2017 Stan Lee


Author's Note

Stan Lee
be gone writers block!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This works. The remaining sixteen characters are to...


Posted 6 Years Ago


Stan Lee

6 Years Ago

Glad it works... What?
Delmar Cooper

6 Years Ago

"What? " 25 characters are required to leave a comment. So much for succinct.
Stan Lee

6 Years Ago

Oh. I get it.
Great writing! So much to ponder in such succinctness. The ending caught me off guard (in a good way). I too, now, am wondering what happened to Alice.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Stan Lee

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your kind review Melanie. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the story and that it l.. read more
so simple and memorable! I loved how real and raw it became...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Stan Lee

6 Years Ago

Thank you Zella :) I appreciate your review.
Hi Andronicus - AWESOME! Loved reading this little gem. Superb tension and twist. Very relatable but told with rare precision... I'm new to this site and just randomly reading bits, but have to read some of your other works now.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Mike, Sometimes I feel that time does not permit me to express the full extent of my of gratitude at.. read more
Doodley took the words straight from my mouth. Life has many twists and turns, and you never know where we'll go or how we'll change. This story is very well presented. If you wrote this to stave off writer's block, then I say you succeeded. Very well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much for your kind review Clifford. :) I'm glad you found it well done. Indeed writer.. read more
Hmmm. An interesting story!

I had a similar experience to this. Many years out of school, I came across a classmate from my year. What once had been a jovial, cheerful guy had been through the hellish pathway of drug addiction and was barely recognisable from the person I once knew.

Your story just illustrates how our lives can change drastically as we travel its pathway, altered for better or worse by our experiences and the choices we make.

I see you have struggled with writer's block? Then join the club! Haha. I just beat it off with a wooden spoon myself.

A very relevant short story, Andronicus. Fiction with a non fiction grounding. Nicely written as always, with a very ponderous conclusion. Well Done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Dooooooodley!! How do you write such awesome reviews? How do you write such awesome everything? Than.. read more
Doodley

7 Years Ago

Born awesome! Not my fault! :p. My pleasure to review your works. Always enjoyable.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

373 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 24, 2017
Last Updated on April 24, 2017

Author

Stan Lee
Stan Lee

About
I've turned RRs off for now because I'm really behind. I have 50 to do! Hope to get to them... eventually :) “If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; ho.. more..

Writing
The Companion The Companion

A Story by Stan Lee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..