Weather Man

Weather Man

A Poem by Hippo
"

Comparative of Weather and Emotions

"

Rain equals pain!

A continuous repetitive shower!

Pain, pain, go away come back another day.

But would you really want it back? What would it be like to live without pain? Sterile, clinical, abundance of happiness, but is that what you would want as a forecast for the rest of your life?

The odd light shower of pain does you good. It nourishes other emotions and feelings making them flourish, imagine a garden without rain, all dried up, dying and desert like, what an uninviting hostile environment!

Who wants to live like that?

Who would want to be with anyone like that?

The right combination of rain and sun makes for a fruitful life!

Torrential rain is a different matter. It leaves a wake of devastation, and no matter how much sun there is afterwards you are left wet through, cold, numb and pre-occupied trying to deal with all the things that were damaged in the flood!

Puddles and pools of unhappiness and uncertainty which never seem to dry up! Leaving you with a feeling that the only thing you can do is move on to a sunnier climate! You could always wear a pair of waders to keep you from getting wet?

Remember the sun causes water to evaporate and eventually no matter how much rain, there is sunshine at the end of the tunnel! Although you might be wearing your waders for a while you will soon be able to swap them for a pair of wellington boots then flip flops!

Sun equals fun!

Carefree cavorting! Skimpy and revealing clothing. Hot sweaty bodies! All very delicious thoughts but make sure you don't get burnt!

Prolonged exposure to the sun can cause all sorts of problems. Incurable diseases that eat away at you, demoralising and incapacitating! So be careful!

Never go out in the midday sun! The rays of light so appealing, bright, radiant beams of joy, perhaps a refreshing change from your normally overcast existence; but so powerful and harmful. Bide your time! Take it slowly!

Controlled and measured exposure is the best way to enjoy the sun. Let's face it, a little over indulgence every now and then won't cause you serious harm, maybe the odd bit of discomfort but this will soon wear off!

Snow equals woe!

You can live with the odd light covering of snow every now and then. It's different, beautiful and often very pleasant to start with. Not too cold to cause any concern. Still able to get out and about and deal with things.

Snow drifts are problematic. Out of nowhere sporadic, uneven piles of snow that hamper your progress even more! Inconsistency, unpredictability means that you have to chop and change which is not a nice feeling and also very tiring. Oh, for a bit of Sun!

Heavy snow fall is the worst, similar to torrential rain except harder to deal with! Snow seems to take forever to melt and even then leaves icy cold patches which can trip you up when you least expect it! This degree of snow just brings ciaos. Trapping you in, making the simplest tasks harder to tackle and overcome.

Then the penetrating cold follows! What you need is a warm protective layer, but there are only so many layers you can wear before you are unable to move, your body grinding to a halt! Back in that predicament of not being able to do anything.

The Sun comes out and melts the snow; you are left with those puddles and pools that came with the rain.... It's time for those wellington boots, but hopefully not for long!

 *****

Weather is hard to predict. You may think you are prepared for every possible outcome, but there is always that freak storm, heavy blizzard or heat wave there to catch you out.

You can't control your weather. More often than not you know when situations will forecast sun, rain or snow and you have a choice of going out in it!

On the occasions where you didn't see it coming you'll just have to tackle it head on and try to balance your weather system to hopefully give you a sunnier outcome!

 

My forecast at the moment...

Heavy showers with an area of low pressure approaching. High possibility of snow!

 

Let's hope I'm wrong!

© 2010 Hippo


Author's Note

Hippo
Anything would be great

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Joe
This is such a great piece! I really like how amazingly well you compared the weather to emotions. It was perfect! Great job! Keep it up!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 7, 2010
Last Updated on February 7, 2010

Author

Hippo
Hippo

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom



About
I'm new. Have been inspired to write by a very good friend of mine who is brilliant in her own right! If i could be a fraction as good i would be over the moon! more..

Writing
What is a Mug? What is a Mug?

A Poem by Hippo


Writers Block Writers Block

A Poem by Hippo


Homeless Homeless

A Poem by Hippo