The Beast

The Beast

A Story by Angelreads

     I am a normal person with a normal life. Nothing very exciting happens in my life until the day i decided to change it up. I usually ride the bus to my job and then i work for two hours, but today i walked to my job. I would think that just changing how i got to work wouldnt matter, but this was the beginning of alot of sadness and destruction.

 

     When i was on my way to work going through the park a noise destracted me from walking. It was a loud shrill cry of a kid. I immediately went to give my aid. When i got to the source of the scream i was left in shock. It was a murder. It wasn't just any murder however, it was a mauling. The body was ripped apart. There were peices of the little girl everywhere. I couldn't bare to look at her without balling tears and throwing up a bit in my mouth. I couldnt stand there long because i didnt know if whatever did this was still out there. I could here the police sirenes coming from a distance, so all i could do was run. The thoughts that ran through my head were killing me. What could of done this? Could i have blacked out and done this to the girl? I couldn't erase the memories of the body.

 

     When i was finally safe i sat down to cope with this. Only i wasnt safe, i was in the worse place to be at the wrong time, I heard it. It was loud and sounded terribly big. It came around the corner and i could feel my heart sinking in. All i could do was pray, pray that God lets me survive this. When it finally circle around the corner i saw it. It was big with razor sharp claws and teeth. Its fur was black as the ground it stalked me on. I could feel its eyes staring into my soul. I didnt feel scared though. When i looked in his eyes i didnt only see fear, but i saw compassion. I connected with this thing i felt all the pain it was going through i felt every person that fell victim to its claws. I have never felt this before, it was like i read his mind and his memory. As quickly as i blinked it was gone. The only thing i could hear was the fast pumping of my heart beat. I wasn't going to work, not after that. I walked back home not saying a word, only listening to my thoughts.

 

     When i got home i sat in my chair for a while still in shock of what had just occured. I couldnt rap my head around what happended when i looked at the "thing". That was another question. What was it? It wasnt a lion because this thing was much bigger. I researched it all day i wasn't going to rest until i knew exactly what it was. I ruled out every possible species of animal. Just for my curiosity i searched some 'supernatural' possibilities. After hours of searching i found it. No, not under an animal, but a supernatural being. It was a fliat. The largest animal known to anything. With 5 inch thick claws and 1 ft long claws. The teeth just as big. It is known that these aninmals dont stop, they kill everything in its path, and don't have any sivil behavior. Now i wondered what made this fliat different. When he saw me he didnt attack me he just dissappeared. I had to know more, but what did it do to me i read his thoughts, i saw his memories, i felt his pain. So i read more i read about the balancers. Balancers are magical people who hunt fliats. They keep the balance of the real world. They are supposed to rid the world of the super natural. They are to never let the supernatural kind intertwine with the humans. I read that fliats had gone extinct. They were known to dissappear back during the civil war. I discovered that the civil war was not about the north and the south it was fliats verses humans. It was about civil people protecting their own. The himans were losing badly. Their weapons were no match for the fliats. Thats when balacers came. The first of the balancers was jacob he was the ruler of the balancers he was the protector of the balance of the earth. The fliats were strong, but jacob was stronger. It took everything out of jacob he gave his life for the humans, but the humans just saw him as a potential threat. Balancers can read the minds of the supernatural, but if they have enough power they can read the mind of anyone. Thats when i knew what i was. I was a balancer. I was a decendent of jacob. But why me, i am not special, i dont do anything and there are many other people that are stronger. This was all to much i couldnt handle it. I cant believe it, its impossible. If i was a balancer the enemy of fliats then why didnt this fliat attack me. Why didnt he kill me if we are natural born enemies. I had to find it i had to know why me. If i could read his mind then maybe i could communicate. I had to try. My life has been meaningless. Im all alone and when something enteresting actually happens to me im going to find out more about it. So thats what i did.

 

     It was night by now and it was not safe, but if i just sit in my room i will go crazy. I dont know where to look but i do know what he eats. I was not about to bring him a little girl to demolish, but i did bring him blood from a nearby hospital. I romed the streets searching for any sign of a fliat. There it was the noise  heard the noise of the fliat. I ran to the source hopefully getting to see it. As i turned the corner it was there standing firm and tall looking at me. I tried to read his mind and connect with him. I asked him if he could hear me and ...."yes". When he answered i fell back on my butt and was frozen in shock. I asked him what he was doing here. He simply replied having fun. Hsaid he knew that i was a balancer and that i should watch my back. I couldn't believe i was actually talking to a fliat. I asked him why didnt he just kill me earlier when i saw him. He just said he didnt want too. He said he wasnt bad he justs wants to find his family. I told him i had to kill him because he was a danger to the humans, but that was a mistake. He jumped on me and rawred in my face with his large teeth and said no one threatens Ty  and lives. I got up and thanked him for not killing me and walked away.

 

     I spent more days with him and i grew to love him. I dont know why i felt that way. ty was the enemy. I was going to have to kill that huge beast. I cant kill him though. I connected with ty. From that day me and ty spent every night talking about his life and mine. He says he has lived for 300 years. Ty doesnt get old he simply dies of fate. fliats arent supposed to live forever. He says since the balancers are dying that people just start to forget about them.Ty told me to not tell anyone about what i am. He says that the humans have been finding all the fliats and balancers and killing them. The humans are my worst nightmares. From that day on me and ty were the closest friends. I loved him. I dont understand how anyone can love a fliat but i do. I dont know what i would do if i lost him. I found out that me and him are the only ones left, so we look out for each other. 

© 2012 Angelreads


Author's Note

Angelreads
This isn't finished, but please comment and let me know your suggestion. Sorry about the format i used a weird app on my computer

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

well vngel i think it sucks!! LOL jk i didnt read it!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
1 Review
Added on July 22, 2012
Last Updated on September 27, 2012

Author

Angelreads
Angelreads

portage, IN



About
I'm weird and I express it in my writing. more..

Writing
9/27/15 9/27/15

A Chapter by Angelreads