Humble Pie

Humble Pie

A Story by Angela Bininger

Humble pie is the hardest piece of pie to eat. No sooner than we think we are above something/someone, better than something/someone, don’t need something/someone, we are given our first slice of humble pie.


Humble pie must be chewed slowly, and is often washed down with some grateful juice. An attitude of gratitude energy drink often accompanies any piece of humble pie. This grateful juice tracer is crucial to prevent future pieces of humble pie from being served at our table. Grateful juice can be found anywhere, just look around and see what you have to be thankful for.


Humble pie can be crippling, and must be taken seriously. As that piece of humble pie enters the body it begins to expose one’s insides. It rotates around the heart and soul for quite some time before entering the digestive tract. And yes, humble pie can take weeks, months, and years to digest.


For some lucky ones that indulge in a piece of humble pie, it will digest instantly. While some will only need a bite, some will need the entire pie. And of course there will always be some that will eat all of the pies in the bakery, then head to the next bakery. All because they just couldn’t taste the lesson.


Beware of humble pie! It is often served following statements such as:


I would never _____

I could never ______

I have never ______

You could never _________

You will never ________

You can’t _________

You won’t ________

They always _________

They never _________

I wish I _________


Beware filling in the blanks above, but be even more aware of sentences that begin with such words. Humble pie is frightening, and typically not the most appetizing dessert. It can be bitter, and sour. When humble pie is digested it can leave some feeling weak, vulnerable, and helpless.


At times humble pie can take lives, but eventually it will restore lives. It takes hearts, and gives hearts. It all depends on how we digest  it. If digested properly, it can and will improve eyesight. Humble pie cures blindness in most cases!


Always keep your grateful juice handy to prevent future occurrences with humble pie. To date, grateful juice is the only preventative measure that can be taken. And just as humble pie has no expiration date, neither does the grateful juice. So drink it often!


Have you eaten a piece of humble pie lately?



© Angela Bininger and The Empowerers, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from the author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.  

© 2010 Angela Bininger


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

738 Views
Added on September 14, 2010
Last Updated on September 14, 2010
Tags: life, relationships, relationship, lesson, lessons, humble, pie, attitude, gratitude, grateful, thankful, will, not, never, ever, could, would, take, give, vision, insight, humor, funny, short, story

Author

Angela Bininger
Angela Bininger

Columbus, OH



About
Relationships Advice Expert in Columbus Ohio Founder of The Empowerer's Freelance Writer Coach more..

Writing