Monsters In The Room

Monsters In The Room

A Poem by Angie Michelle
"

Sometimes there are monsters in the room that follow us. Its our choice whether or not to fight them.

"
Everyone had monsters Everyone The ones the slipped under your bed Making it squeak The ones that hanged around in your closet Making it creak We had someone, of course, To save us from the fears they have created At the end of the battle they will say "Its safe now, sweet dreams" Sweet dreams It's a line Placing a charm to get rid of the monsters Just for that night There are two truths 1, they are in your room And just in our rooms The other monsters we face in what's called "The real world" We create or they are thrust upond us by some outside force But those are the ones we fight And win those dayly battles And yearly wars 2, they know us the most They know our secrets They know our fears The know what we do alone In the sanctity of our room That's why they are monsters in our rooms The place we go when even the living room Is too much to handle They have seen us cry They have seen us laugh They know you That's why When mom and dad come save the night and cast the sweet dreams It's only for the night We must face them Open the clothes door Look under the bed Face those monsters In your room So you can have peace So you can have knowledge and courage To do the same for your kids When they must face their own monsters We have the power That's why they hide Untill our light is out But we can always turn it back.

© 2015 Angie Michelle


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on September 14, 2015
Last Updated on September 14, 2015

Author

Angie Michelle
Angie Michelle

Albuquerque, NM



About
Born in Albuquerque, NM and is still currently living there. A member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. If there is anything you should know about me is that once i set my mind to so.. more..

Writing